Bullnose Forums

1983 F250 4x4 XL on Ebay One owner, mostly original, low miles

I'm loving these Idaho trucks...

The engine bay looks brand new, and the interior is nice as well. It seems unusual that the truck has a 302 though? That's fairly uncommon in a 4x4 F250 is it not? Other than the lift kit and tires/wheels, it looks like it's mostly original.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193123750750

s-l1600.jpg.98dfa79746d0087e9e459c3f75349a28.jpg

More pictures here:

http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/allmetalclassicsllc/1983%20Ford%20F250%204x4%20New/story

I like it!!! The first pic looks like it came from a sales brochure. That's a really, REALLY nice truck.

But as you said, a 302 is unusual in an F250. In fact the literature says it was only available in the light-duty one, meaning with a GVWR below 8500 lbs. So while that truck is pretty, it wouldn't be my pick for doing much towing.

I like it!!! The first pic looks like it came from a sales brochure. That's a really, REALLY nice truck.

But as you said, a 302 is unusual in an F250. In fact the literature says it was only available in the light-duty one, meaning with a GVWR below 8500 lbs. So while that truck is pretty, it wouldn't be my pick for doing much towing.

As soon as I saw the GVWR, the 302 made sense. Definitely a semi-float Sterling in the back of that thing.

Otherwise, it's perfect. I love the height and wheel combo, although the tires wouldn't be my first choice.

As soon as I saw the GVWR, the 302 made sense. Definitely a semi-float Sterling in the back of that thing.

Otherwise, it's perfect. I love the height and wheel combo, although the tires wouldn't be my first choice.

As the owner of a 302, I can honestly say I wouldn't want a lifted F250 4x4 with one...lol, certainly not in it's stock form at least.

It is a lovely truck though.