Bullnose Forums

Heater control [E2TZ-18549-A] - NOS

Hmm, would this also work for an '82 with base option heat?

It's been a while since I was back there to fix that control wire, but from memory, it looks at least close. 'might be good to pick up a spare with the age of that plastic on the moving parts.

Thanks for the find, David!

It's been a while since I was back there to fix that control wire, but from memory, it looks at least close. 'might be good to pick up a spare with the age of that plastic on the moving parts.

You are welcome! I hope it helps.

Well, the MPC is a bit vague there. The 18549 part number is for the base heater as 19980 is for A/C. But it does say it is "From 3/82". And the mate to that is E0TZ 18549-A because it is "Before 3/82".

So I think it gets down to when your truck was built. Before or after 3/82?

18549-heater-control-header_orig.thumb.jpg.250f36582466046b599a263a3ab1813a.jpg

18549-heater-control-1_orig.thumb.jpg.69a3aef9f0b713f82e0f8cfd255c295d.jpg

Well, the MPC is a bit vague there. The 18549 part number is for the base heater as 19980 is for A/C. But it does say it is "From 3/82". And the mate to that is E0TZ 18549-A because it is "Before 3/82".

So I think it gets down to when your truck was built. Before or after 3/82?

Too funny, my sad little ox was born on the cusp on 3/82 according to the door sticker.

I know what I'm doing this weekend!

Thanks very much for the help gentlemen.

Too funny, my sad little ox was born on the cusp on 3/82 according to the door sticker.

I know what I'm doing this weekend!

Thanks very much for the help gentlemen.

The early versions had a hashed temperature display, while the later version (83+) had a solid minimum to maximum style display. That's not an exact science, just one quick way to tell.