Bullnose Forums

Fasteners: Where To Put The Pages?

Gary Lewis

You guys are FUNNY! :nabble_anim_claps:

I might play with this a bit today. Still winding down/recovering from the show and not quite ready to jump back into working on Big Blue.

Man, this is WORK!

I got two more pages up, but I've only added three more fasteners. The issue is that I go pull said fastener off Big Blue, take pics, check what the catalog says the size should be to ensure I have the right one, create new pages, add them to the fasteners collage, etc. :nabble_anim_working:

So when you look at these pages you will be underwhelmed. Big time! But, we have a start.

Check them out and let me know your thoughts. And before you ask, I'd hoped that the Broncos use many of the same fasteners that the pickups use. But there wasn't nearly as much overlap as I'd hoped. :nabble_anim_confused:

Man, this is WORK!

I got two more pages up, but I've only added three more fasteners. The issue is that I go pull said fastener off Big Blue, take pics, check what the catalog says the size should be to ensure I have the right one, create new pages, add them to the fasteners collage, etc. :nabble_anim_working:

So when you look at these pages you will be underwhelmed. Big time! But, we have a start.

Check them out and let me know your thoughts. And before you ask, I'd hoped that the Broncos use many of the same fasteners that the pickups use. But there wasn't nearly as much overlap as I'd hoped. :nabble_anim_confused:

Already helped myself with the new pages, now I know the proper screw size for my map pockets. :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks for all of the hard work Gary!

That was quick, Shaun! Glad it helped. And welcome.

Nice sir, the lack of sources for a lot of these is why I have lots of jars full of screws, maybe now I can put numbers on them. A suggestion, AuVeCo carries a lot of these, and you will probably not be too surprised to find that Chrysler Ford and GM frequently use the same hardware, just different PNs.

Nice sir, the lack of sources for a lot of these is why I have lots of jars full of screws, maybe now I can put numbers on them. A suggestion, AuVeCo carries a lot of these, and you will probably not be too surprised to find that Chrysler Ford and GM frequently use the same hardware, just different PNs.

I have little totes full of fasteners, and they are in baggies telling from whence they came.

As for a source, I have found some at AuVeCo. But today's screws they didn't have.

I have little totes full of fasteners, and they are in baggies telling from whence they came.

As for a source, I have found some at AuVeCo. But today's screws they didn't have.

This is a lot of excellent work. This will save so many people headaches or from shotgunning fastener orders etc.

A FTE member made me aware of this company

https://discoautomotive.com/products/catalog/

They have a catalog of Ford and other hardware that may help.

Took a ton of screens but won't post them all

I think I mentioned this on FTE when I provided that link to Disco but most if not all of them can be ordered from O'Reillys in bags of 25+ for pretty reasonable prices. They don't have them in the stores (at least not the one here) but they only took a day or two to get.

Just make sure you ask if they have any special freight charges on them as that quickly increases the price.

I have been very impressed with the quality of the Disco fasteners. They have a large body bolt assortment box that's nice.

I think I mentioned this on FTE when I provided that link to Disco but most if not all of them can be ordered from O'Reillys in bags of 25+ for pretty reasonable prices. They don't have them in the stores (at least not the one here) but they only took a day or two to get.

Just make sure you ask if they have any special freight charges on them as that quickly increases the price.

I have been very impressed with the quality of the Disco fasteners. They have a large body bolt assortment box that's nice.

Scott - How do you get the right part number? I've tried on Disco's site to find a couple of them, but no dice.

Scott - How do you get the right part number? I've tried on Disco's site to find a couple of them, but no dice.

Since I've been replacing old and crusty with new and clean, finding the bolts/nuts/etc has really just been a matter of getting the dimensions of what I have in hand and finding a match - I can't emphasize just how handy a thread chaser set is.

I know you are referring more to crossing the Ford numbers though and that I haven't tried. There have only been a couple times I've tried to find a 'Nxxx' bolt online and aside from bed bolts I have always had to pull them from a parts truck or jy truck and fall back on the measurements approach.

So sadly the Disco catalog probably won't be a great source for purely cross-referencing. Not saying it's the best all in one catalog out there either but if we can find a fairly all encompassing catalog we could all pitch in to contribute measurements for fasteners we have in hand to match up with the catalog items.