Bullnose Forum

Lower shifter bushing

Grit40

https://supermotors.net/getfile/1068897/thumbnail/srodexploded.jpgThat's a rare & UNpopular transmission. Have you checked DriveTrain.com? Put your location in your signature.
Thanks, I tried looking where you said and honestly I can’t figure out how to navigate to the page. This is my 3 post on any forum. Usually I just look at what others are saying and not an active participant. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 24, 2019, at 01:31, Steve83 [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Greg - Never fear, we were all newbies once.

To go to the document I mentioned, which is Ford's rebuild instructions from the factory shop manual at Documentation/Driveline/Transmissions/Manual Transmissions/SROD, do this:

1. If you are on a mobile device click on the 3-line "hamburger" as it is called to open up the menu. If on a real computer scroll up and the menu drops down from above, with Forum, Documentation, and About showing.

2. Click on Documentation

3. Click on Driveline

4. Click on Transmissions

5. Click on Manual Transmissions

6. Click on Single Rail Overdrive (SROD)

At that point the document will open and you can scroll down to page 12 and see the parts.

Does that help? If not, don't worry as we can get you there.

Greg - Never fear, we were all newbies once.

To go to the document I mentioned, which is Ford's rebuild instructions from the factory shop manual at Documentation/Driveline/Transmissions/Manual Transmissions/SROD, do this:

1. If you are on a mobile device click on the 3-line "hamburger" as it is called to open up the menu. If on a real computer scroll up and the menu drops down from above, with Forum, Documentation, and About showing.

2. Click on Documentation

3. Click on Driveline

4. Click on Transmissions

5. Click on Manual Transmissions

6. Click on Single Rail Overdrive (SROD)

At that point the document will open and you can scroll down to page 12 and see the parts.

Does that help? If not, don't worry as we can get you there.

Thanks that did help. I was able to navigate to the page unfortunately it shows what I believe is the part but not a number. The diagram steve83 provided shows the part to and a PN, so maybe between the two I can chase it down.

Thanks again.

Thanks that did help. I was able to navigate to the page unfortunately it shows what I believe is the part but not a number. The diagram steve83 provided shows the part to and a PN, so maybe between the two I can chase it down.

Thanks again.

If you give us the part number we may be able to help. Or if you could circle the part in one of the drawings we might be able to find the part #.

If you give us the part number we may be able to help. Or if you could circle the part in one of the drawings we might be able to find the part #.
I may have just stumbled on it on another forum and I found one to purchase. 👍

Ford part number is E3ZZ-7K453-A, this is according to someone looking for the shifter bushing for a 3 speed with overdrive.

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 24, 2019, at 5:56 PM, Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

The diagram steve83 provided shows the part to and a PN...
It's actually just the base of the PN (the middle section) for each part. Fortunately, you already found the full PN for that application, which includes the prefix (4 digits that indicate design year, body type, and group) and suffix (indicating revisions).

That # doesn't show up in the 1980 - 89 light truck master parts catalog. There's an E3TZ-7K453-A, but that's a bushing for an automatic transmission. However, one character difference can make all the difference in the world.

Having said that, truck parts usually have a "T" in that position, so I'm not sure what you are getting. But I hope it works. :nabble_smiley_wink: