Bullnose Forums

Westward ho!

Dorsai

Head Country! Ponca City, OK. Used to live there, and know it well. :nabble_smiley_good:

We discovered it ages ago, and ever since we’ve always brought a case home whenever the opportunity presents itself. We’ve introduced friends to it, so now we have a little Head Country cult established.

Speaking of movies, has anyone seen the original Gone In 60 Seconds? It wasn’t a great movie by any stretch, but about 2/3 of it is an epic car chase/crash/demolition derby. One of my all-time favorites!

Head Country! Ponca City, OK. Used to live there, and know it well. :nabble_smiley_good:

We discovered it ages ago, and ever since we’ve always brought a case home whenever the opportunity presents itself. We’ve introduced friends to it, so now we have a little Head Country cult established.

Speaking of movies, has anyone seen the original Gone In 60 Seconds? It wasn’t a great movie by any stretch, but about 2/3 of it is an epic car chase/crash/demolition derby. One of my all-time favorites!

Even as a kid, I always preferred the first to the second. HB Halicki was and always will be the realistic car crash king.

Yes! Even the original has been 'revised' a couple times over the years to change the soundtrack. The original soundtrack music was all done by a guy named Phil Katachurian or something like that. I've seen re-releases of it that were updated somewhat and had different music. I'm quite fond of the original.

I believe that Mustang is still sitting on display somewhere in southern California isn't it? I always meant to go see it, but never did. It may be long gone now, I'm not sure.

Yes! Even the original has been 'revised' a couple times over the years to change the soundtrack. The original soundtrack music was all done by a guy named Phil Katachurian or something like that. I've seen re-releases of it that were updated somewhat and had different music. I'm quite fond of the original.

I believe that Mustang is still sitting on display somewhere in southern California isn't it? I always meant to go see it, but never did. It may be long gone now, I'm not sure.

Last I heard it was still owned by the Halicki family, but the website for the movie seems to be a virus now so there's no telling. It was at the Petersen for the 50 years of Mustang exhibit a few years back, but was on loan from the Halicki family.

Last I heard it was still owned by the Halicki family, but the website for the movie seems to be a virus now so there's no telling. It was at the Petersen for the 50 years of Mustang exhibit a few years back, but was on loan from the Halicki family.

Current status:

D2314962-9A5A-4638-AC44-483F199BA0D8.jpeg.adf59f78f2a934200736ae724f8d8239.jpeg

Current status: banjos!

The truck is running like a boss, I’m hoping to go all the way there tonight. Averaging 70+ on the open highway. 😁

West Memphis in the rear view mirror is a good feeling. :nabble_smiley_evil:

But now you have FLAT land until Crowley's Ridge. Rice fields. And the guy on the south side in a few miles with all the gas station signs.

West Memphis in the rear view mirror is a good feeling. :nabble_smiley_evil:

But now you have FLAT land until Crowley's Ridge. Rice fields. And the guy on the south side in a few miles with all the gas station signs.

Might be dating myself a bit here, but I saw the original "Gone in 60 seconds", Star wars, and Smokey & the Bandit when they were still in the first week...

Matthew, looks like you're making good time!

Might be dating myself a bit here, but I saw the original "Gone in 60 seconds", Star wars, and Smokey & the Bandit when they were still in the first week...

Matthew, looks like you're making good time!

I should have known many of you would have seen the original. :). I tried to get my wife to watch it, but she gave up before it got good. :(

I’m west of Little Rock now, but I’m running late - at my last fuel stop I could NOT get the truck started again - I’m thinking maybe the ignition module is overheated? Took me about 90 minutes to get it going again, fortunately the station owner was OK with me blocking a pump for a bit.

But once it started, it was good to go - I’m just not turning it off at the pumps now. :)