Bullnose Forums

cleaning carbon buildup in engine w water?

delco1946

I was avoiding seafoam as I read that both that and atf coated the spark plugs and could impact spark. That and they cost money.

I'm not pushing Sea Foam. I'd try water, but the way Steve suggested with a sprayer to ensure you don't get too much water all of a sudden.

Bill - The sound of that unsilenced Holley and the large duals was just too inviting. Besides, it was only going to get 14 MPG at the best, and gas was $.25/gallon, so who cared?

Hmmm, Big Blue might get 14 MPG when I'm done and I'm wanting more? An F250 (basically an F350) that probably will weigh 6000 #'s with a winch, aux battery, and several hundred pounds of tools might get what the car that weighed half that got? :nabble_anim_confused:

I'm not pushing Sea Foam. I'd try water, but the way Steve suggested with a sprayer to ensure you don't get too much water all of a sudden.

Bill - The sound of that unsilenced Holley and the large duals was just too inviting. Besides, it was only going to get 14 MPG at the best, and gas was $.25/gallon, so who cared?

Hmmm, Big Blue might get 14 MPG when I'm done and I'm wanting more? An F250 (basically an F350) that probably will weigh 6000 #'s with a winch, aux battery, and several hundred pounds of tools might get what the car that weighed half that got? :nabble_anim_confused:

How about dual Holleys and side exhausts? Main difference, Shelby could and did get 18-20 mpg at 70 mph, when the national 55 mph speed limits came out, it cost me from 2-4 mpg on the Shelby and even more on the Jetfire (it would get 22-24 at 70).

As far as sound, you could hear the Shelby at WOT roughly 3 miles away.