Bullnose Forums

Dual receiver bumper

Danny G

Definitely homebuilt, or at a local fabricator to-order. Why would anyone want them asymmetric? My front bumper is attached to the frame by the receivers (and other points).

https://supermotors.net/getfile/978648/thumbnail/9312platet.jpg

https://supermotors.net/getfile/1030715/thumbnail/9328paint10.jpg

I've seen spare tire carriers and so forth stuck in receivers. Having one offset to allow it to be used while towing wouldn't be a terrible idea.

I've seen spare tire carriers and so forth stuck in receivers. Having one offset to allow it to be used while towing wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Offset is probably for a winch.

You can hook up a trailer at the same time, with a couple rollers on the front and guide the cable down the center of the trailer.

But a receiver mounted winch is the only thing I could think of that makes sense.

Offset is probably for a winch.

You can hook up a trailer at the same time, with a couple rollers on the front and guide the cable down the center of the trailer.

But a receiver mounted winch is the only thing I could think of that makes sense.

IDK why you'd want to winch offset, either. You'd risk twisting the frame, suspension, steering... And if you need a winch on your trailer, it's better to put it ON the trailer. Even if that means adding a receiver on the trailer neck for a portable winch. Bending a winch cable with rollers and going across a ball/tongue is just asking for trouble. The cable would pile up on one side of the winch drum.

IDK why you'd want to winch offset, either. You'd risk twisting the frame, suspension, steering... And if you need a winch on your trailer, it's better to put it ON the trailer. Even if that means adding a receiver on the trailer neck for a portable winch. Bending a winch cable with rollers and going across a ball/tongue is just asking for trouble. The cable would pile up on one side of the winch drum.

Agree fully. :nabble_smiley_good: Get the winch up above the deck height so it won't drag on the deck, and especially at the break to the beaver tail and/or to the vehicle when on the ramps.

Agree fully. :nabble_smiley_good: Get the winch up above the deck height so it won't drag on the deck, and especially at the break to the beaver tail and/or to the vehicle when on the ramps.

lol well I am at a loss of why it is there then.

Flag mount? Radio mount?

Flag mount? Radio mount?

NothingSpecial already mentioned the one I've seen before -spare tire. Could also be used for a bike mount.

But with it being custom - no one but the owner will really know. Same for why they plated over the step

Flag mount? Radio mount?

Why are you asking? Do you own that bumper? Are you considering building one?

You could have put your other bumper question into this thread - no point having 2 threads about receivers. To answer THAT question: yes, I'm sure many people have done that. Again: why are you asking?

Why are you asking? Do you own that bumper? Are you considering building one?

You could have put your other bumper question into this thread - no point having 2 threads about receivers. To answer THAT question: yes, I'm sure many people have done that. Again: why are you asking?

It completely threw me for a whirl on what it was used for. I figured if anyone knew what it was for, why it was even considered, and the pros/cons of such a set up it would be those on this forum.