Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

Cory, I know a guy who is going to want this special Medium Blue paint code for his blue flareside. :nabble_smiley_wink: Do you think you could get the paint code from them and any other related info a guy might need? Ya know, cause I know a guy who would need it.

Ha! I'll see if I can get the code for the guy you know.:nabble_smiley_whistling:

This project is still going to be slow progress for a little while. I've been swamped at work, and I'm away the next two weeks on work trips.

Ha! I'll see if I can get the code for the guy you know.:nabble_smiley_whistling:

This project is still going to be slow progress for a little while. I've been swamped at work, and I'm away the next two weeks on work trips.

He will much appreciate that effort.

I am also having to put mine on hold. But only for a week. The up side is, I get to see Gary and check out his progress around the shop on his projects! See ya in a few days Gary!

• 2 weeks later...

Cory - Those are beautiful!!! :nabble_anim_claps:

Things have been moving pretty slow with the old Blue Mule project lately. I have been on the road with work living out of a suitcase for two weeks and I just got back into the swing of things again this morning. A friend of mine came over to help me lift the shell of the new bed on to the frame. So far it is all assembled with SS hardware and everything looks great. Fit and finish is great so far.

IMG_7839.jpg.c7e11104c291ed6b8e7a743d9693e1b1.jpg

IMG_7837.jpg.2e3a91cfb1d365b5436ad96306aa129d.jpg

Things will start happening a little quicker now over the next few weeks. I have some more parts on order from LMC, Ebay, and Mar-K. I'll pick up the new bed wood this week, and I have to get some parts sand blasted and cleaned up, and I still have to have the fenders, steps, and tailgate hinges painted blue.

One more week of work, and then I'm off for a week of vacation and I hope to get a whole bunch of work done to the old girl while I'm off.

Progress...slow but sure...lol.

Things have been moving pretty slow with the old Blue Mule project lately. I have been on the road with work living out of a suitcase for two weeks and I just got back into the swing of things again this morning. A friend of mine came over to help me lift the shell of the new bed on to the frame. So far it is all assembled with SS hardware and everything looks great. Fit and finish is great so far.

Things will start happening a little quicker now over the next few weeks. I have some more parts on order from LMC, Ebay, and Mar-K. I'll pick up the new bed wood this week, and I have to get some parts sand blasted and cleaned up, and I still have to have the fenders, steps, and tailgate hinges painted blue.

One more week of work, and then I'm off for a week of vacation and I hope to get a whole bunch of work done to the old girl while I'm off.

Looking great Cory. Cannot wait to see the final results. Also cannot wait to do the same to my blue flare.

Yes, it really DOES look GOOD! You are going to be so proud!

It is a bummer that work tends to get in the way, but if you are doing a staycation then maybe you'll get a lot more done? I'll bet you can't wait. :nabble_smiley_good:

Nice!

Thank you gentlemen! Progress feels good!

I hope to be installing the wood floor next weekend and get everything drilled and test fitted so I can remove it all and finish it with some type of varnish...not sure what yet, but likely a Spar Marine type varnish.

One more week before vacation, so I'm getting excited to be able to spend a few solid days working on this to get it 'closer' to be finished....well, finished enough so that I can drive it.

Thank you gentlemen! Progress feels good!

I hope to be installing the wood floor next weekend and get everything drilled and test fitted so I can remove it all and finish it with some type of varnish...not sure what yet, but likely a Spar Marine type varnish.

One more week before vacation, so I'm getting excited to be able to spend a few solid days working on this to get it 'closer' to be finished....well, finished enough so that I can drive it.

Got some more junk back from sand blasting this afternoon...

I had the tailgate chains sand blasted and then I primed and painted them with aluminum engine paint. New ones would be nice of course, but these will work just fine for 2019 with a new $5 set of covers on them.

IMG_7846.jpg.f74c9316c4263aa6779f8fe2bfbceaef.jpg

I spray painted a spare set of tailgate hinges I had for test fitting purposes and the old single stage rattle can matches up pretty well with the base/clear on the bed sides. I'm impressed. However I do have a snafu...the newly installed stake pockets are not perfect, and the hinges end up being cocked on a bit of an angle once tightened down. Not sure how I'm going to rectify this yet, but I think I'll have to get the hinges machined to put an angle on the mounting faces.

IMG_7847.jpg.93b637303251b7705a303e8bac7704f0.jpg

IMG_7848.jpg.a67273fbf18e15b7ed9234d784dfc420.jpg

Got some more junk back from sand blasting this afternoon...

I had the tailgate chains sand blasted and then I primed and painted them with aluminum engine paint. New ones would be nice of course, but these will work just fine for 2019 with a new $5 set of covers on them.

I spray painted a spare set of tailgate hinges I had for test fitting purposes and the old single stage rattle can matches up pretty well with the base/clear on the bed sides. I'm impressed. However I do have a snafu...the newly installed stake pockets are not perfect, and the hinges end up being cocked on a bit of an angle once tightened down. Not sure how I'm going to rectify this yet, but I think I'll have to get the hinges machined to put an angle on the mounting faces.

Those things look really good. And I can't see the angle on the hinge of which you type. Which way do they angle?