Bullnose Forums

Help With Show Award Planning

Gary Lewis

I need some help on how to distribute the wealth. The issue is that we will have 5 gift cards, which have a limited life, and three give-aways. But we only have 6 categories/trophies. Here's what we will have:

• 7 quarts of synthetic oil

• Lucas Detailing kit 1

• Lucas Detailing kit 2

• 5 $25 gift certificates, 1 from

So, what are your thoughts about how to distribute them? The categories are Best Engine; Best Upgrades; People's Favorite; Closest To Stock; Farthest Distance Driven; and Best Paint.

All_Six_Trophies.thumb.jpg.e20c53f11e1fbedbf83189a824beabb0.jpg

I'd say Best Engine should get the oil, since the best engine deserves the best oil.

As for the detailing kits...one to Best Paint, since that deserves it, and one to the guy who drove the farthest since he'll have the most bug splatter to clean off. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I'd say Best Engine should get the oil, since the best engine deserves the best oil.

As for the detailing kits...one to Best Paint, since that deserves it, and one to the guy who drove the farthest since he'll have the most bug splatter to clean off. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

That's creative thinking, Matthew! :nabble_anim_claps:

But that's still one for one, and at that rate I'll have two "things" left. So what do I do with the extra stuff?

But that's still one for one, and at that rate I'll have two "things" left. So what do I do with the extra stuff?

Well, the "People's Favorite" seems closest to a Best In Show award, maybe that one gets two gift certificates? That still leaves you with one...maybe a random drawing? Or the People's Fave gets one, and you have two drawings? I'm just guessing at this point.

That's creative thinking, Matthew! :nabble_anim_claps:

Just some off the top of my head thoughts.

Random drawing/names on a hat?

New categories: Highest Odometer, Lowest Odometer? Would need to be limited to bullnoses or at least odometers that roll over.

Some kind of guessing game? Similar to how many jelly beans in a jar but doesn't need to be physical. Could deal with odometers or total lug nut count (assuming there is a vehicle registration chart) or....

Just some off the top of my head thoughts.

Random drawing/names on a hat?

New categories: Highest Odometer, Lowest Odometer? Would need to be limited to bullnoses or at least odometers that roll over.

Some kind of guessing game? Similar to how many jelly beans in a jar but doesn't need to be physical. Could deal with odometers or total lug nut count (assuming there is a vehicle registration chart) or....

The 2 catagories that have the closest margin between the 1st and 2nd place votes, 2nd place gets an "honorable mention" award. Could be any of these catagories that are super tight in the voting.

The 2 catagories that have the closest margin between the 1st and 2nd place votes, 2nd place gets an "honorable mention" award. Could be any of these catagories that are super tight in the voting.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I think from those ideas there'll be good ways to get rid of the loot. :nabble_smiley_good:

What about a Bullnose with a medium duty truck speedometer which goes to 999,999.9? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Hmm true. Although if it's ever rolled over, I'd say it wins just because.... :nabble_anim_claps:

What about a Bullnose with a medium duty truck speedometer which goes to 999,999.9? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

I could use one of those, especially if it's paired with a tach that only reads 4K

Hmm true. Although if it's ever rolled over, I'd say it wins just because.... :nabble_anim_claps:

I think I could do it. Probably without needing to rebuild the engine along the way...