Bullnose Forums

F100 from Tasmania

ef1hundred

They didn't travel to the States just for the show. They were planning to come and adjusted their schedule (or is that "shedule"?) to match up with the show.

The show is held the 3rd Saturday in September, so you can plan around it. Would love to have you come!

And Darin did fill a suitcase and then some with parts. I was parting out a '90 and the cab was going to scrap, so he asked me for part of the roof. When he got here we cut out the section he wanted and he then boxed it up and had it shipped back.

haha that is awesome that you guys cut up a roof and stuffed it into suitcase! when i make the plans i will keep the date in mind and i will be letting you know so we can organise some parts and good times!

A Barra swap would be way cool. They never made it here, so I had to go a different route for a boosted I6.

Out of curiosity, did Ford ever offer any diesel options in the F100 in your part of the world? I know Toyota and Nissan had several diesels there, and just like the Barra, they didn't bring them to the US market.

Someday, I'd love to visit Tas, and a lot of other Aussie sights....

i have heard of some people importing them intot the states. if i recall correctly there was a barra swapped foxbody tht just competed in dragweek. there area few guys from Queensland here that took over a barra powered cresta and im sure they had something to do with the foxbody. the f100 usually had the aussie 6 or the 351 as far as i know, 250, 350s etc had a powerstroke option.

maybe when you come over we can strip a barra and you can take it back with you haha

i have heard of some people importing them intot the states. if i recall correctly there was a barra swapped foxbody tht just competed in dragweek. there area few guys from Queensland here that took over a barra powered cresta and im sure they had something to do with the foxbody. the f100 usually had the aussie 6 or the 351 as far as i know, 250, 350s etc had a powerstroke option.

maybe when you come over we can strip a barra and you can take it back with you haha

Yeah, I've been following Ben's Cresta build for a while, and he was one of many behind the fox body build for this year along with Al and a few others. Both cars completed drag week and hit 8's on the last day. The skid factory (youtube) is currently showing the foxbody build.

I figured there may have been some diesel offerings in the F series, sounds like it was similar to here where you couldn't get diesel without going to an f250/350. Well, until 2018 when the 3.0L V6 powerstroke hit the market in F150.

How 'bout mailing me a Barra. I've got a 1974 F100 that could use a bit of a refresh....

Yeah, I've been following Ben's Cresta build for a while, and he was one of many behind the fox body build for this year along with Al and a few others. Both cars completed drag week and hit 8's on the last day. The skid factory (youtube) is currently showing the foxbody build.

I figured there may have been some diesel offerings in the F series, sounds like it was similar to here where you couldn't get diesel without going to an f250/350. Well, until 2018 when the 3.0L V6 powerstroke hit the market in F150.

How 'bout mailing me a Barra. I've got a 1974 F100 that could use a bit of a refresh....

Welcome!