Bullnose Forums

jbritt

My truck is an '86 with the 6.9 running a banks sidewinder, was originally a 2x auto, is now a 4x4 with a zf5 4w/overdrive thanks to someone who owned the tuck before I picked it up out of a field about 3 years ago. it was a work truck for a city in cali at some point I believe as well, its got an old sticker on it somewhere... Put about 3k on it (odometer doesn't work) and had issues starting. narrowed it down to bad compression so off came the heads. valves were cupped because the turbo was aftermarket and one was cracked. new valves, resurfaced the heads, and used the old springs (they tested at the top end to above spec whereas the replacement ones I had purchased, half tested below spec). Once running again everything was great until the headlight switch melted on me along with another wire. After replacing the burnt wires for the headlight switch, the truck sat for a hot minute. Mind you, I neglected to take pictures of the before like a rookie always does.

excited to get the rest of this figured out and have it back as the daily!

ohh, and heres a shot of the truck....

IMG_9975.jpg.f8ca7ee581553e5a4451878853bbb9f8.jpg

regards,

Keaton

Welcome! I see that you've posted basically the same thing in the main section of the forum, which is where we usually solve problems, so will keep this to introductions as intended.

Where's home? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you.

Sounds like quite a truck. I'm sure when you get the onion peeled (problems sorted) it'll be extremely useful.

Now I'll go over to the other post.....

Welcome! I see that you've posted basically the same thing in the main section of the forum, which is where we usually solve problems, so will keep this to introductions as intended.

Where's home? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you.

Sounds like quite a truck. I'm sure when you get the onion peeled (problems sorted) it'll be extremely useful.

Welcome, jbritt! :nabble_anim_handshake:

I noticed that after I had posted this the first time round, just forgot to delete it from this post. Thanks for the reminder!

Home is in Bozeman, Mt.

Only a couple layers left to peel :) I'll meet you over there!