Bullnose Forums

15X8 Bronco wheels question

Rembrant

• 4 months later...

Thanks David!

I had that one set of complete wheels saved already, but the last comment in his description is "Local Buyers Only". I don't even know if I want them yet or not, so I haven't asked the seller any questions...and with the price of the refurb wheels...well, they do make more sense.

Just to follow-up on an old thread I ended up finding a set of these 15X8 wheels locally. I put an ad online that I was looking for them and a few weeks later I had a bite. I had already purchased one refurb wheel from the Ebay seller linked previously, so having 5 will allow me to have a good spare. The trim rings are not in good condition, so I'll be looking for new ones. I'd like to find some without the pin stripes...so if anybody knows of any aftermarket ones that look like they belong let me know.

They came with 31" tires that I don't need, but I can sell them...or at least try to. I find selling used tires is always a bit of a Gong show. So I'll get the 31's peeled off and select the best three rims to go with the one refurb one I purchased.

IMG_9826.jpg.435c15b63971c3eb1b7ea807cf74abfa.jpg

IMG_9828.jpg.9da95dd0a6ed10be4305e8a5e1c91163.jpg

IMG_9831.jpg.42c31371f569e4f887f6f5c0c65ee276.jpg

Just to follow-up on an old thread I ended up finding a set of these 15X8 wheels locally. I put an ad online that I was looking for them and a few weeks later I had a bite. I had already purchased one refurb wheel from the Ebay seller linked previously, so having 5 will allow me to have a good spare. The trim rings are not in good condition, so I'll be looking for new ones. I'd like to find some without the pin stripes...so if anybody knows of any aftermarket ones that look like they belong let me know.

They came with 31" tires that I don't need, but I can sell them...or at least try to. I find selling used tires is always a bit of a Gong show. So I'll get the 31's peeled off and select the best three rims to go with the one refurb one I purchased.

Those look good, Cory. :nabble_anim_claps:

On the trim rings, you may be able to wipe the paint off with brake cleaner. May take a few passes though.

Nice find!

I personally think these are the best looking wheels you can put on a Bullnose truck. Steel wagon wheels just look "right" on these trucks. What was once a very common wheel, they now look unique and you rarely see this style anymore.

That is either the wrong center cap or the wrong style trim rings, but it doesn't really matter. From 1982 - 1989, that wheel used a black and red medallion on the center cap along with trim rings with red stripes. For 1990 and 1991, the center caps changed to an all-black medallion and trim rings with no stripes.

The trim rings are not in good condition, so I'll be looking for new ones. I'd like to find some without the pin stripes...so if anybody knows of any aftermarket ones that look like they belong let me know.

:nabble_anim_confused:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-INCH-BEAUTY-TRIM-RINGS-3-STAINLESS-STEEL-SET-OF-4-DEEP-LARGE-15X8-15X10/184102244140?epid=19023503435&hash=item2add594f2c:g:wlYAAOSwMzVbkuqV

• 1 month later...

Ray Cecil already mentioned this, but it bears repeating... If used on an '85 or older F 150, you have to either grind the heads of the bolts down or replace them. If you use bolts for a similar or earlier year car - Pinto, Granada, etc, - they have a thinner head with an allen recess instead of a hex head.