Bullnose Forums

Best tool? My lift!

Gary Lewis

A small item I bought the year I retired, have used it a few times for testing crank and cam sensor wave forms (beats the heck out of Snap-On for cost).

Here are the test leads I made for the Chrysler HEPs, they go in between the pickup and harness with test points for 8V supply, signal ground and the sensor output, which is pulled to ground when activated by the vanes in the distributor.

That is COOL! I would use that a lot more than my solid-state scope which has a true CRT display. But, it shows as discontinued. Did you find it used?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is COOL! I would use that a lot more than my solid-state scope which has a true CRT display. But, it shows as discontinued. Did you find it used?

No, I bought it new in 2011 from Grainger if I remember correctly, got a good friend to buy it and he bought one also using his NASA discount.

• 4 weeks later...

...there's not much way to paint where it'll come down. But at least you'll know on yours.
Well...

https://supermotors.net/getfile/1145846/thumbnail/img_20190219_141750.jpg

It followed me home. Can I keep it?

I hope you can! I think you'll love it.

Mine is going to be used for exactly what you mentioned - lifting bodies off of frames. Once the driveline is in Dad's truck I'm going to chock the wheels to ensure no movement, lift the cab off, install the engine & tranny, and then lower the cab back in place.

What is the "refrigeration machine"?

I hope you can! I think you'll love it.

Mine is going to be used for exactly what you mentioned - lifting bodies off of frames. Once the driveline is in Dad's truck I'm going to chock the wheels to ensure no movement, lift the cab off, install the engine & tranny, and then lower the cab back in place.

What is the "refrigeration machine"?

Evac & recharge refrigerant in A/C systems.

• 1 month later...

When is Bullnose season in Oregon; what's the daily bag limit; and how much is an out-of-state license? :nabble_anim_confused:

Yesterday, I built something else that can be used for lifting...

https://supermotors.net/getfile/1146887/thumbnail/20190321_212126.jpg

It's not finished, but it's still strong enough for my ~240 lbs to hang from it.

I like it! Bullnose season!!!! Count me in.

And, I like that boom. Which reminds me that I'd really, REALLY like an I-beam attached to my ceiling in the shop with a winch rolling on it. I have the same thing in the attic and it easily handles engines and transmissions, which is exactly how I'd use the one down below. It would be so much easier than the shop crane I have.