Bullnose Forums

Windshield molding [5 pieces] - NOS

I think the aftermarket replacement ones are in the $500 range too, no? I know they're bloody expensive.

And, out of curiosity, was the chrome trim the same from 1980-1996? I've looked at it on other (newer) trucks at the junkyard and I thought that the 90's was a slightly different version? Hard to say though, without having two of them side by side to compare.

I think the aftermarket replacement ones are in the $500 range too, no? I know they're bloody expensive.

And, out of curiosity, was the chrome trim the same from 1980-1996? I've looked at it on other (newer) trucks at the junkyard and I thought that the 90's was a slightly different version? Hard to say though, without having two of them side by side to compare.

I can't say past '89, but 1980 - 89 used the same windshield trim. So I'd bet they did well into the 90's - especially since Steve said the inside windshield trim is compatible.

Speaking of black trim, how were these pieces painted? It’s not glossy or matt but semi-gloss? I’d like to paint my trim the same as OEM. Any ideas how to do it?

AFAICT, they're wrapped - possibly shrink-wrapped. Or maybe dipped, like camo on archery equipment. But it's not paint or powdercoat or chemical coloring - I can see an edge to the black film on the backsides. But where it's exposed to sunlight, it scratches like anodizing.

AFAICT, they're wrapped - possibly shrink-wrapped. Or maybe dipped, like camo on archery equipment. But it's not paint or powdercoat or chemical coloring - I can see an edge to the black film on the backsides. But where it's exposed to sunlight, it scratches like anodizing.

Interesting.

Thanks.