Bullnose Forums

A Bullnose Looks At 40

Dorsai

Where are you getting the build date for yours? My later model trucks have the month/year but the 80 has very little info. ---- this may be another cab/chassis difference?

I'm getting it from the door jamb sticker. I don't know if this varies by year, assembly plant, or what, but in the clear portion of my sticker, in the upper left above the white part, it has the date 03-20-80 printed on it. I'd post a photo but the printing is extremely faint against the red background of the truck, and I can't get my camera to pick up on it.

Ok, I think we can ignore where my truck falls in the sequence. Looks like a normal sticker was applied and then replaced with an 'incomplete' one so who knows.

IMG_20190904_120255.jpg.0752463ccdb15e5bf51b585c260162d9.jpg

It occurs to me that either this month or next marks 40 years since the first Bullnose trucks rolled off the assembly lines. Does anyone know where the oldest surviving Bullnose is? For that matter, who here has the oldest one on the forum?

I'd be curious to know the Bullnose production numbers, overall and per year...that would be interesting.

I'm also curious...back then the trucks were built at several different plants. One in Canada, and 3 or 4 in the USA? would they start production of a new model in some kind of synchronized fashion between all plants? Or would they have done a run starting at one plant.

I guess I'm just curious, did the Bullnose trucks hit a certain region first, or did they send them all over.

My old 1980 was built in December of 1979. But I've seen trucks built around August too.

Funny, I actually remembered that...someone else has a 1979 (November?) build as well, maybe Rogue_Wulff?

As I typed my response, I thought of him because I'm pretty sure his truck was built before mine. My sequence of assembly was HD0580.

Just happened to find an old photo of the build sheet I ordered many years ago....

The build date is 1/31/80, and the sequence number is HD5440.

The "E" engine code isn't quite correct anymore...…...

My old 1980 was built in December of 1979. But I've seen trucks built around August too.

Funny, I actually remembered that...someone else has a 1979 (November?) build as well, maybe Rogue_Wulff?

As I typed my response, I thought of him because I'm pretty sure his truck was built before mine. My sequence of assembly was HD0580.

Just happened to find an old photo of the build sheet I ordered many years ago....

The build date is 1/31/80, and the sequence number is HD5440.

The "E" engine code isn't quite correct anymore...…...

I always thought your truck was earlier, but that means it wasn't.

The F10 and the E on my old truck were both wrong. lol.