Bullnose Forums

Gary's 2019 Swap Meet Items

Gary Lewis

I know we have another thread on this, but didn't immediately find it.

Anyway, I'm planning to ultimately sell these items, and am considering loading them up on the trailer and taking them to the swap meet. Thoughts, suggestions, prices?

• D44HD TTB: This is the complete front end, inc the Trutrac, brakes, shocks, etc. Price?

• Carb'd 460: This is Big Blue's engine that ran pretty well, although it does appear to be worn such that it doesn't do well in a leak-down test. It is complete, inc the Eddy 750, Eddy intake, Eddy waterpump, and Eddy cam. Price?

• T19: The tranny off the back of the 460. Worked well, although the 3rd gear synchro doesn't want to be hurried at times. This is a 4wd version and has the 5.11 first gears. And it includes the bell housing. Price?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is gonna help me price these things?

I know I can sell the Eddy 750 for north of $100. Ditto the Eddy intake. And the Eddy water pump should be worth something. So the whole engine should be worth??????

What about the headers? I didn't list them, but they need to go as well.

HELP!

I know I can sell the Eddy 750 for north of $100. Ditto the Eddy intake. And the Eddy water pump should be worth something. So the whole engine should be worth??????

HELP!

I'll try to find similar listings, tomorrow.

Thanks, David!

Gary, I just sent a copy of the 3 main items for sale to my friend who is a former Ford trained technician, who went into business for himself. He works on Diesels, but has a hobby of pulling sleds and uses 460 drive train. He is the one who has worked on my truck and considers it a toy.

I asked that he offer what value these are.

Regarding the headers, I would say 1/2 the original price as a starting point. Ask yourself what would you be willing to pay for them?

HELP!

What are the details on the headers?

David - Thanks a bunch.

Scott - I think they are these. But they were on the truck when I got it so I don't know for sure. Surely 4wd as they fit, and they are nickle plated, but have rust spots.

I can post pics if you'd like.

Gary, I have done some checking and of course, items like this vary from location to location as well as if someone just happens to need and are actively searching for these particular items, but the following is what one might be able to sell the items for:

Used and running 460 with the parts you described: $500+

The transmission as described: $150 - 250

Front end pieces, as described: $350+

Headers: $200 - 250

I hope this helps to get the conversation going.

Gary, I have done some checking and of course, items like this vary from location to location as well as if someone just happens to need and are actively searching for these particular items, but the following is what one might be able to sell the items for:

Used and running 460 with the parts you described: $500+

The transmission as described: $150 - 250

Front end pieces, as described: $350+

Headers: $200 - 250

I hope this helps to get the conversation going.

That's a big help, David. Thanks a bunch!

Gary, what I have seen on Craigslist and Facebook is usually ~$300-$900 for a running, stock, pull-out (engine) depending on the type of engine and what all comes with it. I would say yours should be at the higher end of that, but most people looking for a running engine to drop in are looking for a bargain. Rebuilable “core” engines generally list for ~$100-$200.

TTB’s can be a little hard to find a home for. As sad as it is, yours may be worth more dead than alive. New TruTrac units run north of $500 for the carrier, and if you can remove the center chunk complete with gears that is probably worth more than what most people would pay for the axle. Just a thought. I would price that accordingly.

On the transmission $150-$250 sounds about right. I think the T19’s should bring a little more because of the synchronized first, but the demand for non-OD stick shift is pretty flat. I will say that the 460 bellhousing is quite an item if it has no cracks or welded bits. Check eBay history but they are usually asking a few hundred for that piece. You might want to separate it and sell the bellhousing that way.