Bullnose Forums

Howdy from Fort Worth

Randy

I picked up an '84 F-150 short bed last summer, 28 years [corrected, originally said 18 years] since I traded in my last bullnose, a 1980 F-100 flairside, for some other long forgotten vehicle. But I never forgot about my F-100.

80f100.jpg.80cb64e75b8bfed57eebb6180b8da451.jpg

I didn't plan to buy the 84 last summer, but I kept running into a friend from my hometime at happy hour at Railhead BBQ in Fort Worth. One day last April (2108) he was sitting at one of Railhead's outdoor picnic tables when I arrived. I joined him and we started talking about our hometown. He pointed to the parking lot; about 50 feet from where we sat was his high school truck, a '67 F-100. He told me how it had been in non-running condition in a barn all these years but recently he'd completely rebuilt it. He now has quite a truck.

Of course I mentioned my regret at ever selling my '80 F-100. He told me about another guy from our hometown who had an '84 he was trying to sell because he'd married a German girl and moved to Germany with her. At that time, the truck had been sitting behind a popular German restaurant in central Texas.

Fast forward 3 months, the truck was sitting in another friend's hangar outside of Grandview, Texas. So I am again a bullnose owner. Now the truck is in my garage and in good running condition. I'll post more about what I've done to the truck on a project thread.

In the meantime, howdy.

20190325_135954.thumb.jpg.5e2458ce47b1d6b2ce5c466843994301.jpg

Howdy, y'all! Glad you joined us, and glad you back into these trucks. :nabble_anim_handshake:

We have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) and I'd be happy to add you if you'd like.

C5? That's rare. I'd often wondered if that wouldn't be a good tranny to have.

Neat story. Welcome to the forum! :nabble_anim_handshake:

I'd never heard of it until I decoded the door tag. I figured it was rare when my Google search only turn up uses of the C5 on some ford cars. Never the F150.

Will be needing to do something about the tranny. Not sure if I want to rebuild or replace. My daily driver has a stick and I enjoy it but for this truck I'll stay with an automatic. I figure that I'll probably just rebuild.

Yes, go ahead and add me to the map. I'm in north east Tarrant County.

Ok, see what you think. NE Tarrant County would be Grapevineish, so that's where I put you. Can move you (on the map) if you want, but we aren't in this for precision as we don't want people showing up on our doorsteps uninvited.

I'd never heard of it until I decoded the door tag. I figured it was rare when my Google search only turn up uses of the C5 on some ford cars. Never the F150.

Will be needing to do something about the tranny. Not sure if I want to rebuild or replace. My daily driver has a stick and I enjoy it but for this truck I'll stay with an automatic. I figure that I'll probably just rebuild.

Ford's Master Parts Catalog, which most of our documentation comes from, shows the C5 was used in these trucks for several years, including '84. (Taken from Driveline/Transmissions/Automatic Transmissions and the Application tab.)

generic-header_2.thumb.jpg.93e05c1aaa4deac2457b577d3ebf567b.jpg

10.thumb.jpg.6e1d384b88a5e280729c03a63ffa054e.jpg

Ford's Master Parts Catalog, which most of our documentation comes from, shows the C5 was used in these trucks for several years, including '84. (Taken from Driveline/Transmissions/Automatic Transmissions and the Application tab.)

Welcome!

Ok, see what you think. NE Tarrant County would be Grapevineish, so that's where I put you. Can move you (on the map) if you want, but we aren't in this for precision as we don't want people showing up on our doorsteps uninvited.

Grapevineish is about right.