Bullnose Forums

Remote control assembly [E0TZ-1021818-B] - NOS

Ford calls that a CONTROL and LINK ASSY. (DOOR LATCH CONTROL). That part fits right hand front doors on all F & U series trucks from 1980 through at least '89.

You can see it in the illustration below as part 21818 at the bottom left. (Don't ask why the base part number is 1021818 and the # in the illustration is 21818. I don't know, but it happens a lot in the MPC.)

2480290.thumb.jpg.6a242ae26526c85a68002ec6c86b6690.jpg

Ford calls that a CONTROL and LINK ASSY. (DOOR LATCH CONTROL). That part fits right hand front doors on all F & U series trucks from 1980 through at least '89.

You can see it in the illustration below as part 21818 at the bottom left. (Don't ask why the base part number is 1021818 and the # in the illustration is 21818. I don't know, but it happens a lot in the MPC.)

Wait so not only could you opt for power locks, but a remote lock/unlock, too? That must be rare!

Wait so not only could you opt for power locks, but a remote lock/unlock, too? That must be rare!

You didn't see my post? Yes, that part is "remote" from the lock - it sits at the base of the inside door handle. And it allows you to remotely control the door latch - from the inside door handle. :nabble_smiley_wink:

You didn't see my post? Yes, that part is "remote" from the lock - it sits at the base of the inside door handle. And it allows you to remotely control the door latch - from the inside door handle. :nabble_smiley_wink:

:nabble_smiley_thinking: