Bullnose Forums

Looking for: Front Swaybar Brackets

Rembrant

But that varies by whether the truck is 2wd or 4wd and if it has 2 or 4 shocks up front. It is all rather complex, but you can see the illustrations at: Documentation/Steering & Suspension/Sway Bars.

Hey Gary,

I finally got a set of the factory brackets that I was originally looking for back when I started this thread.

The front swaybar I have is from a 4x4 F150...year unknown, but I believe 1991. I've read several times previously that the swaybars were all the same, at least the 7/8" front bars. What changed was how they were mounted, apparently?

I was looking at the parts list, and it looks like the E9TZ-5482-C fit all 2wd F150 and all regular F150 4x4 trucks. It's a bit confusing as there was also the E0TZ-5482-A before it, that fit both light and HD 4x4 F150's...

Is it safe enough to assume from this parts list that the front bars were all the same on the half tons? Or, at least later on by the time the E9 bar came out they were all the same?

swaybars.jpg.253cd834850ca07636180a1110d0e7d8.jpg

But that varies by whether the truck is 2wd or 4wd and if it has 2 or 4 shocks up front. It is all rather complex, but you can see the illustrations at: Documentation/Steering & Suspension/Sway Bars.

Hey Gary,

I finally got a set of the factory brackets that I was originally looking for back when I started this thread.

The front swaybar I have is from a 4x4 F150...year unknown, but I believe 1991. I've read several times previously that the swaybars were all the same, at least the 7/8" front bars. What changed was how they were mounted, apparently?

I was looking at the parts list, and it looks like the E9TZ-5482-C fit all 2wd F150 and all regular F150 4x4 trucks. It's a bit confusing as there was also the E0TZ-5482-A before it, that fit both light and HD 4x4 F150's...

Is it safe enough to assume from this parts list that the front bars were all the same on the half tons? Or, at least later on by the time the E9 bar came out they were all the same?

Congrat's on getting the brackets. :nabble_smiley_good:

But I'm not quite sure how to answer your question. There are obviously two different part numbers, E0TZ-A and E9TZ-C, both of which are said to fit both 2wd and 4wd trucks. But there had to be some differences or there wouldn't be two part numbers.

They must mount the same way, so I'd guess that the difference is in the diameter. And the fact that the E9 is said to not be for the snow plow option and the E0 is said to be for the snow plow as well as the F250's tells me the E9 is the lighter bar.

Does that answer the question?

Yes, pretty much Gary. I wonder though, what was the original Bullnose part number used before the E9TZ-C? That part number obviously replaced an earlier version.

And what was the difference with the HD or Snow Plow option? Heavier springs and/or Quad front shocks?

Yes, pretty much Gary. I wonder though, what was the original Bullnose part number used before the E9TZ-C? That part number obviously replaced an earlier version.

And what was the difference with the HD or Snow Plow option? Heavier springs and/or Quad front shocks?

I guess I am going to have to part out that 87 bronco. Ive had it listed for $400 for months. No one wants to show up.

I hate doing it, but I guess I will.

So anybody here who wants anything, just pay for shipping. I do not want to make any money off you guys.

I will keep the front sway bar and brackets, and the intermittent wiper switch but everything else is up for grabs.

I might have to dust off the ebay account and start selling again. I think my ebay account is nearing 20 years old. I started it really early, early 2000's.

Edit....oops, I thought I was in the Ford Lounge thread. Anyway, I will repost this in marketplace.

Congrat's on getting the brackets. :nabble_smiley_good:

But I'm not quite sure how to answer your question. There are obviously two different part numbers, E0TZ-A and E9TZ-C, both of which are said to fit both 2wd and 4wd trucks. But there had to be some differences or there wouldn't be two part numbers.

They must mount the same way, so I'd guess that the difference is in the diameter. And the fact that the E9 is said to not be for the snow plow option and the E0 is said to be for the snow plow as well as the F250's tells me the E9 is the lighter bar.

Cory - If you really want to know I might be able to find it by climbing the Microfiche Tower and perusing the 1982 MPC. But that will have to wait until probably Saturday as I have a Horrid Fate awaiting me today and we have a funeral at church tomorrow for which we are helping.

If I forget, please remind me.

Cory - If you really want to know I might be able to find it by climbing the Microfiche Tower and perusing the 1982 MPC. But that will have to wait until probably Saturday as I have a Horrid Fate awaiting me today and we have a funeral at church tomorrow for which we are helping.

If I forget, please remind me.

Gary, no sir...I don't need to know that badly at all. I was just curious. I already have the bar, and it will either fit or it won't. If it doesn't, I'll find another one, no big deal at all.:nabble_smiley_good: