Bullnose Forums

Gas mileage test [revisited]

we must be careful not to "dog" it while on the MPG run! :nabble_anim_claps:

But boost is fun.....:nabble_smiley_cool:

Well, I will be driving Gary's 3.5L Ecoboost 2015, so perhaps I will find out? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

If you find out that "boost is fun" while driving Blue you'll lose the competition then and there. :nabble_smiley_wink:

But, boost IS fun! Man, Blue can be FAST! And it can TOW! It made the 200 mile trip on Saturday so easy. Going over pulling the empty trailer at 70 MPH on the turnpike it only downshifted out of 6th for a hill once, and there are many big hills. And it got mid-14's doing it.

Coming back I locked it out of 6th and it handled the car and trailer so easily, and still got about 11 MPG running 70.

But, I filled it up with 91 octane for that trip, and it was almost dry when I filled up. It probably still has 20 gallons of that mix in the 34 gallon tank, so when we fill up with 87 octane Blue is still going to be sipping high test. And that gives it a bit of a boost on MPG, although not a lot in a non-towing mode.

If you find out that "boost is fun" while driving Blue you'll lose the competition then and there. :nabble_smiley_wink:

But, boost IS fun! Man, Blue can be FAST! And it can TOW! It made the 200 mile trip on Saturday so easy. Going over pulling the empty trailer at 70 MPH on the turnpike it only downshifted out of 6th for a hill once, and there are many big hills. And it got mid-14's doing it.

Coming back I locked it out of 6th and it handled the car and trailer so easily, and still got about 11 MPG running 70.

But, I filled it up with 91 octane for that trip, and it was almost dry when I filled up. It probably still has 20 gallons of that mix in the 34 gallon tank, so when we fill up with 87 octane Blue is still going to be sipping high test. And that gives it a bit of a boost on MPG, although not a lot in a non-towing mode.

Little Red, on the other hand, will have 87 octane with none of the higher test. You will be in for culture shock, I am afraid. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Well, Cory [Rembrant] is sending his "old" Type 5 mirrors to me, so they will be in place for the 600+ mile drive to and from Skiatook. Thanks, Cory! :nabble_anim_handshake:

These old mirrors needed a place to go, and I'm happy to see them spend some time on I-40 for Bullnose MPG testing! They might decrease drag, but they'll also decrease your rear view...lol. I just cleaned them up. They're not perfect, but they'll look just fine at 60mph.

IMG_8475.jpg

Well, the Type 5 mirrors are installed and ready for the trip to Skiatook. Installation was easy and they are in very nice condition, Cory. It is still in the driveway and has not yet been driven, but I will comment that the rear view is more compact. :nabble_smiley_grin:

Well, the Type 5 mirrors are installed and ready for the trip to Skiatook. Installation was easy and they are in very nice condition, Cory. It is still in the driveway and has not yet been driven, but I will comment that the rear view is more compact. :nabble_smiley_grin:

How about the weight savings??>..:nabble_smiley_happy:

5 lbs?>..

How about the weight savings??>..:nabble_smiley_happy:

5 lbs?>..

Weight savings, wind resistance reduction and the "cool" factor! :nabble_smiley_grin: