Bullnose Forums

Gas mileage test [revisited]

Yes, Cory. This would simply be to lower wind resistance during the extended highway drive.

Ok, that's what I thought. I'll send you my old ones if you want to try them out. No charge to you...I'll be getting rid of them anyway. Shoot me an email if interested. If not, no big deal.

Gary ~

AND HE STILL GOT BETTER MPG - 21.69. So much for new being better than old.

lol nice, I avg that one my drive to work about 20km on country roads, and When I get on highway going about 100kph -110kph getting about 25+mpg.

These old Trucks put in work. Wonder if I do put in that M5OD if it will help it at all more Vs. 3spd Manual that I have. There is an Reason I daily my ford vs. my car :nabble_anim_handshake:

Gary ~

AND HE STILL GOT BETTER MPG - 21.69. So much for new being better than old.

lol nice, I avg that one my drive to work about 20km on country roads, and When I get on highway going about 100kph -110kph getting about 25+mpg.

These old Trucks put in work. Wonder if I do put in that M5OD if it will help it at all more Vs. 3spd Manual that I have. There is an Reason I daily my ford vs. my car :nabble_anim_handshake:

Well, Cory [Rembrant] is sending his "old" Type 5 mirrors to me, so they will be in place for the 600+ mile drive to and from Skiatook. Thanks, Cory! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Well, Cory [Rembrant] is sending his "old" Type 5 mirrors to me, so they will be in place for the 600+ mile drive to and from Skiatook. Thanks, Cory! :nabble_anim_handshake:

These old mirrors needed a place to go, and I'm happy to see them spend some time on I-40 for Bullnose MPG testing! They might decrease drag, but they'll also decrease your rear view...lol. I just cleaned them up. They're not perfect, but they'll look just fine at 60mph.

IMG_8475.jpg.a23eedf594c535c585d777b087306fc1.jpg

These old mirrors needed a place to go, and I'm happy to see them spend some time on I-40 for Bullnose MPG testing! They might decrease drag, but they'll also decrease your rear view...lol. I just cleaned them up. They're not perfect, but they'll look just fine at 60mph.

Awesome! Mighty kind of you Cory!

Those look pretty nice from where Iā€™m sitting! šŸ˜

Those look pretty nice from where Iā€™m sitting! šŸ˜

The iPhone shows them well. They're a bit grungy around the edges up close, but they'll look good on the Interstate! I already have a brand new set, so these ones needed a home anyway. I would likely have thrown them out, so I'm glad they'll get some use, even if it's just for one trip;).