Bullnose Test Forum

Ford Slide Out Step

Looks better to me than the aluminum running board steps, even if it's rusty. :nabble_smiley_good:

But Ford updated to a newer style tubular design in 85, so I'd be curious if 84 was the last year they were offered, or if Ford still offered them side by side until their stock was depleted?

Shaun - Might the tubular style have been a 1986 addition? I've added a page (Documentation/Accessories/Step), and that shows the fixed step to have a E6 prefix. But I don't have a 1985 accessories catalog to see if somehow it shows there as well. Do you have that catalog?

Nope, that was an assumption based on how similar the 85 and 86 trucks are and how there's quite a few differences between 84 and 85. But if E6 is what shows in the catalog, then maybe it was 86?

But let's also not forget that my April, 1986 frame says E7T on the side. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Nope, that was an assumption based on how similar the 85 and 86 trucks are and how there's quite a few differences between 84 and 85. But if E6 is what shows in the catalog, then maybe it was 86?

But let's also not forget that my April, 1986 frame says E7T on the side. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Ok, so you agree with the new page?

As for the frame, that’s still BIZARRE!

• 2 months later...