Bullnose Forums

Ford Slide Out Step

Ahh...so it attaches to the door! That's cool! It would look silly on my truck, but neat on a 4x4. Nice find.

I thought so too, I remember it from the 1980 accessories catalog but I don't recall ever seeing one installed on a truck. You never know what you'll find on Ebay when you spend some time searching with the right parameters.

I thought so too, I remember it from the 1980 accessories catalog but I don't recall ever seeing one installed on a truck. You never know what you'll find on Ebay when you spend some time searching with the right parameters.

That is cool! As you, Shaun, I've seen it in the accessories catalog, but never in person. Someone should buy it and install it.

• 3 months later...

I thought so too, I remember it from the 1980 accessories catalog but I don't recall ever seeing one installed on a truck.

While looking through the Craigslist trucks this morning, I came across an F250 that appears to have one of these steps installed. That thing would rust apart and fall off a truck up here within a couple years...lol, so it's probably no surprise that this truck is in Washington where they stay well preserved.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/d/centralia-1984-ford-250/7044353872.html

00v0v_bmHJe2JKyLq_1200x900.thumb.jpg.041b9783616fff03f5cb9a4dd0a7a79d.jpg

I thought so too, I remember it from the 1980 accessories catalog but I don't recall ever seeing one installed on a truck.

While looking through the Craigslist trucks this morning, I came across an F250 that appears to have one of these steps installed. That thing would rust apart and fall off a truck up here within a couple years...lol, so it's probably no surprise that this truck is in Washington where they stay well preserved.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/d/centralia-1984-ford-250/7044353872.html

Good eye! That definitely looks like it.

Good eye! That definitely looks like it.

I think the fact that it is obviously rusty makes it stick out like a sore thumb, but with a fresh coat of black paint it might not look so bad...at least on a black truck.

Looks better to me than the aluminum running board steps, even if it's rusty. :nabble_smiley_good:

But Ford updated to a newer style tubular design in 85, so I'd be curious if 84 was the last year they were offered, or if Ford still offered them side by side until their stock was depleted?

Looks better to me than the aluminum running board steps, even if it's rusty. :nabble_smiley_good:

But Ford updated to a newer style tubular design in 85, so I'd be curious if 84 was the last year they were offered, or if Ford still offered them side by side until their stock was depleted?

Shaun - Might the tubular style have been a 1986 addition? I've added a page (Documentation/Accessories/Step), and that shows the fixed step to have a E6 prefix. But I don't have a 1985 accessories catalog to see if somehow it shows there as well. Do you have that catalog?