Bullnose Forums

300/4.9L carburetion options for future project?

“the original potra-potty's (Corvettes)“

Wow, Bill! Never heard that term before! :nabble_smiley_happy::nabble_smiley_hurt:

Those of us who used to beat them regularly in autocross events (Shelby owners) referred to them that way. William Jeans, at a Shelby owners convention made the statement that it was only an unfortunate coincidence that Corvettes and portable outhouses were made from the same material.

Those of us who used to beat them regularly in autocross events (Shelby owners) referred to them that way. William Jeans, at a Shelby owners convention made the statement that it was only an unfortunate coincidence that Corvettes and portable outhouses were made from the same material.

I like fiberglass. No rust, but you can get cracks.....

Yes, but the frame still rusts.

This is true. Very true. Had to buy a frame for a 71 vette with dad once.

Meanwhile, back to the subject of carburetor possibilities, look what someone did with another like intake manifold [homemade adapters].

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clifford-Performance-Ford-6-Cylinder-Intake-Manifold-Twin-Carburetor-6-8/222931003767?epid=0&hash=item33e7b92977:g:ZVcAAOSwvcVa18ud

Meanwhile, back to the subject of carburetor possibilities, look what someone did with another like intake manifold [homemade adapters].

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clifford-Performance-Ford-6-Cylinder-Intake-Manifold-Twin-Carburetor-6-8/222931003767?epid=0&hash=item33e7b92977:g:ZVcAAOSwvcVa18ud

That would work but, as you know, I'm not a fan of the typical Holley. (I am a fan of Holly.) So, while I don't know what those carbs are, they certainly have the bowl gasket holding fuel in, and surely the fabric accelerator pump and power valve. So that wouldn't be my choice.

Now the Holley/Weber carbs are of a completely different design, so don't have those ills. And although they sure have other ills, I'm still thinking they are the way to go.

That would work but, as you know, I'm not a fan of the typical Holley. (I am a fan of Holly.) S

That is what Dads say about their daughter!

And husbands about wives. Ray? Where are you Ray?

Impecable timing. Holly and I got in an argument last night. So as of right now....no....not a fan of Holly.:nabble_anim_blbl: