Bullnose Forums

A Dumb Question About Speakers

20190901_134401.jpg

What did you use to mount the stereo behind the dash? Looks like it's fairly centered in the bezel?

What stereo is it?

It's a Kenwood Digital Media Receiver KMM-BT250U is the model number. And since it doesn't have a CD player in it, it's light and short bodied. I have a USB micro thumb drive with tons of old rock and roll uploaded on it, and the radio sounds great with the new 6.25's in the back and new door speakers.

It's a Kenwood Digital Media Receiver KMM-BT250U is the model number. And since it doesn't have a CD player in it, it's light and short bodied. I have a USB micro thumb drive with tons of old rock and roll uploaded on it, and the radio sounds great with the new 6.25's in the back and new door speakers.

How did you mount it?

I used the pinch sleeve and braced it with some plumbers strap. It's pretty solid. I tried to keep it centered in the bezel as best as I could.

I did my stereo, it’s light too, with stacked cardboard and the handyman’s secret weapon (Red Green), duct tape! :nabble_smiley_blush:

It's a Kenwood Digital Media Receiver KMM-BT250U is the model number. And since it doesn't have a CD player in it, it's light and short bodied.

Ok, thanks for the info. I just ordered a Kenwood last night myself. I forgot about the non-CD units being shorter and lighter. I'm not using CD's anymore, so a receiver is all I need. I ended up ordering a KMM-BT325U and a pair of Kenwood 6.5" round speakers and baffles for the doors.