Bullnose Forums

A Dumb Question About Speakers

Howdy Again,

I replaced my door speakers with a pair of Kenwood 5.25's and installed a cheap $60.00 Blaupunkt radio "Which will come out soon", but I discovered there doesn't seem to be a place behind my seats "Super Cab" for factory speakers. So knowing that,,,,,, Here's the Dumb Question. Is it possible to install a set of "Rear" speakers in the side panels of the rear/back seat area of an 86 without having to butcher the plastic and interior body metal?

I figured I should ask someone who would know, that means you guys, before I start trying to disassemble the trim and panels looking for a hole that might not be there. The idea is to eventually have a 4 speaker sound system with a fully functional fold up/down Rear bench seat. Which I have, and would like to use without some bulky speaker grill being in the way. I know my two pups would appreciate the functional rear bench, I doubt if they would give a hoot about the speakers.......lol

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you,,,,,

I didn't realize just how far the Blaupunk radio would stick out from the dash untill I installed it, it works good and sounds great. But I don't like it hanging out so far. I suppose it's due to the removable face plate.

20190821_121840.jpg.2eaac278b2e2fb9489c329860640807d.jpg

This is the area I'm referring to,,,,

Dang it, I still haven't figured out how to get pictures to post right side up. Sorry folks.....

Usually if you open the pic file in some editing software, many of which are free for even phones and tablets, and then save it the editing s/w will re-orient the pic.

But, sometimes it won't let you save it w/o doing something to it. Otherwise it thinks it is already saved so why should I do that.

But I don't know about the rear seat area of a Supercab so can't comment on that.

Dang it, I still haven't figured out how to get pictures to post right side up. Sorry folks.....

If you're on a PC, just open your picture up in a photo editor (MS Paint will do) and then re-save it. I didn't believe it at first either, but that's all it takes to convince Nabble to post your photos correctly.

If you are using a phone...iPhone or whatever, take the pictures with the camera sideways...as in landscape view instead of portrait. That should solve the problem.

Otherwise, I open the pictures in something like Paint, and then save them again and Paint codes them correctly for the forum. This only works if you're using a PC however and not a mobile phone.

I looked into a few options and posts from people in the same boat.

The route I settled on was getting a seat riser kit (LMI makes a nice one) and will be putting the amp and sub under there.

I am interested in seeing photos of whatever you go with.

If you are using a phone...iPhone or whatever, take the pictures with the camera sideways...as in landscape view instead of portrait. That should solve the problem.

Otherwise, I open the pictures in something like Paint, and then save them again and Paint codes them correctly for the forum. This only works if you're using a PC however and not a mobile phone.

Thanks Rembrant, I was using my tablet for pictures. Next time I'll try my phone and see what happens. I tried turning them like you said, but the gremlins take over and flip them anyway.

Kramttocs, I didn't even think about a riser, that might be the solution if I can't mount them conventionally, thanks for the idea,,,,,,,

Thanks Rembrant, I was using my tablet for pictures. Next time I'll try my phone and see what happens. I tried turning them like you said, but the gremlins take over and flip them anyway.

Kramttocs, I didn't even think about a riser, that might be the solution if I can't mount them conventionally, thanks for the idea,,,,,,,

Digital photos used to be simple back when cameras were all landscape-oriented. But when they moved to portrait-oriented phones, everything got screwy. The phone tries to figure out what you intend, based on its tilt sensor, and it may re-orient the pic as it saves it. But it may ALSO add an attribute to the file telling other systems how to orient the pic. But not all of those systems interpret that attribute the same, and some don't even read it. Older versions of MS Paint didn't save that attribute (because it hadn't been invented) so that's why MSP is usually a good tool to get them turned the way you want (as long as you're NOT using the latest version). But if you're editing the pic on a tablet, you have to pay attention to which way the tablet thinks IT'S tilted, because that might affect the way it writes the rotation attribute to the file. So by the time it gets uploaded, it can be turned again. That's another reason I only browse the forums on a desktop.

Anyway...

Look for some C-pillar trims that contain speakers, and try to swap them in (painting them to match if necessary). I'm not sure what years interchange on pickups in general, or X-cabs specifically.