Bullnose Forum

Website & Forum Suggestion Box

Done. It now reads:

A brace of some kind really should be added if one is converting from a mechanical linkage to hydraulic. Unfortunately the Ford braces are no longer readily available. Even worse, Terrapin Manufacturing made a brace, but they've gone out of business. There are a few of the Ford braces and a few of the Terrapin ones floating around, but very few. However, Bronco Graveyard has one that looks good for $79.

Will that work?

Done. It now reads:

A brace of some kind really should be added if one is converting from a mechanical linkage to hydraulic. Unfortunately the Ford braces are no longer readily available. Even worse, Terrapin Manufacturing made a brace, but they've gone out of business. There are a few of the Ford braces and a few of the Terrapin ones floating around, but very few. However, Bronco Graveyard has one that looks good for $79.

Will that work?

It will work for now, but I suspect that the Bronco Graveyard plates were made by Terrapin, so at some point if not already, they will be out of stock as well.

It will work for now, but I suspect that the Bronco Graveyard plates were made by Terrapin, so at some point if not already, they will be out of stock as well.
Yes, the one in that advert looks just like the Terrapin one, so they may have just bought up the last of the stock there.

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 9:44 PM salans7 [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Gary, I'm loving the website and now got the Bullnose running (and braking!) much in part to your help.

When I do a search, is there a way to make it so I only see threads with my search keyword instead of seeing all the individual posts listed separately?

For instance: I search "alternator" and see all 30 posts from a thread titled "alternator advice." Can I combine all those posts so I only see the thread once?

Thanks

Sam

Yeah, I would bet on them being Terrapins. With enough purchases/traffic JBG may get another shop to make some though. Would be easy to recreate for a shop and even more so for the small version. I've never seen the large one in a jy but have a good half dozen of the smaller ones I've picked up.

Gary, I'm loving the website and now got the Bullnose running (and braking!) much in part to your help.

When I do a search, is there a way to make it so I only see threads with my search keyword instead of seeing all the individual posts listed separately?

For instance: I search "alternator" and see all 30 posts from a thread titled "alternator advice." Can I combine all those posts so I only see the thread once?

Thanks

Sam

Sam - If you do a basic search for alternator you'll find any post that contains that word in the body, and any post that contains that word in the title.

However, after you type the search term in you'll be offered an option to do an Advanced Search, and if you click that link you'll see the screen below. If you enter the search term in one of the fields in the Message Text Contains section you'll get much better search results.

Does that help?

Advanced_Search_Options.thumb.jpg.f3e463baae4ae6005bc161b5fc7ca34d.jpg

Yeah, I would bet on them being Terrapins. With enough purchases/traffic JBG may get another shop to make some though. Would be easy to recreate for a shop and even more so for the small version. I've never seen the large one in a jy but have a good half dozen of the smaller ones I've picked up.

According to the TSA the small ones are adequate if the firewall isn't already cracked. But I have a big Terrapin so think I'll put it in Big Blue even though his firewall doesn't appear to be cracked. :nabble_smiley_wink:

According to the TSA the small ones are adequate if the firewall isn't already cracked. But I have a big Terrapin so think I'll put it in Big Blue even though his firewall doesn't appear to be cracked. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Oh for sure :) I would do the same.

I am tempted to pick up one from JBG just to have since if I ever do a full interior gut on one of my manuals, I would rather put the large one in.

Sam - If you do a basic search for alternator you'll find any post that contains that word in the body, and any post that contains that word in the title.

However, after you type the search term in you'll be offered an option to do an Advanced Search, and if you click that link you'll see the screen below. If you enter the search term in one of the fields in the Message Text Contains section you'll get much better search results.

Does that help?

I played around with this after Sam's message and I didn't see a way to 'show a single thread result' either.

I agree it would be a nice option if possible.

I played around with this after Sam's message and I didn't see a way to 'show a single thread result' either.

I agree it would be a nice option if possible.

I guess I'm not understanding. What would be the advantage of finding a thread that somewhere in it there's at least one instance of your search result? You'd then have to search in that thread for the instance(s). Wouldn't it be better to find every post that has your search term on the first search? :nabble_anim_confused:

And by the way, I've already modified the search function to take the signatures out of the search because if you search for something that's in my sig you'll get 13,000+ hits. :nabble_smiley_evil: