Bullnose Forums

Website & Forum Suggestion Box

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, DwayneMB said:

Nice work on server move. Just wondering if the RSS feed will be configured? The icon is there.

I guess I'm old school that I still use them.

Thanks

Dwayne

@DwayneMBThe RSS feed does seem to be working on the home page and in subforums - when I click on it, the XML etc is returned.  It doesn't seem to be present in individual threads.  So, I think it's working.  Are you not seeing that on your side?

Thanks, Chris.

I'm not sure what RSS feeds are supposed to do, but here's what I'm seeing:

• In the AdminCP under System/Content Discovery/RSS Feeds it says "RSS Feeds allow users to use an RSS Reader to see new content on your community. You can set up different RSS Feeds to cover different areas of your community. Activity Streams automatically provide their own RSS Feed."

• Under Activity Streams I see streams for Unread Content; Content I Started; Content I Follow; Members I Follow; & Content I Posted In

So how do RSS feeds work?  How do I use them?  Is there anything else we need to do?

40 minutes ago, Gary Lewis said:

Thanks, Chris.

I'm not sure what RSS feeds are supposed to do, but here's what I'm seeing:

• In the AdminCP under System/Content Discovery/RSS Feeds it says "RSS Feeds allow users to use an RSS Reader to see new content on your community. You can set up different RSS Feeds to cover different areas of your community. Activity Streams automatically provide their own RSS Feed."

• Under Activity Streams I see streams for Unread Content; Content I Started; Content I Follow; Members I Follow; & Content I Posted In

So how do RSS feeds work?  How do I use them?  Is there anything else we need to do?

An RSS feed is basically a subscription to a website that lets a user see all the updates to a site or page without having to visit the site itself.  I used to use RSS, it was a great way to pull updates from all your favorite sites into one view.  There were/are RSS client applications that provide a nice UI for this.

• Like 1