Bullnose Forums

Website & Forum Suggestion Box

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there a way to turn off that slide-down menu? It blocks half the page. It covers the reply message text box, so every time I go to a page (forward OR back), I have to scroll down, then up to get it out of the way. SUPER-annoying...

Steve - Could you take a screen shot of it and post it? I don't know what slide-down menu you are talking about.

Also, what device, OS, and browser are you using? It may be that you are seeing something I'm not seeing.

Thanks in advance. I'm sorry it is annoying you and hope to get it fixed ASAP.

I don't know what slide-down menu you are talking about.
The behavior has changed today (of course), but it was the menu from the top of every page. Today, it has become minimized to just the big "Gary's Garagemahal / (the Bullnose bible)" with the little menu icon (3 horizontal lines) near the Left side that slides down into view when I'm lower on a page, and I scroll up. Today, I have to click the menu lines to expand it this big:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/1140771/thumbnail/garysgmbbmenu.jpg

But the previous few days, it was constantly the full (pulled-down) menu with all the other pulldown titles (FAQs, Cooling, Driveline...) that would slide down and block half the page, and the "X" wasn't there to collapse it.

Also, what device, OS, and browser are you using?
A desktop system built by a MicroSoft programmer that I reinstalled Win7Ultx64 onto. I'm using Chrome. I hardly ever browse anything from my phone, and I never post from it. I much prefer a full keyboard, a big mouse (for my big hands) with a wheel & right button, a big monitor, and a real browser.

I don't know what slide-down menu you are talking about.
The behavior has changed today (of course), but it was the menu from the top of every page. Today, it has become minimized to just the big "Gary's Garagemahal / (the Bullnose bible)" with the little menu icon (3 horizontal lines) near the Left side that slides down into view when I'm lower on a page, and I scroll up. Today, I have to click the menu lines to expand it this big:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/1140771/thumbnail/garysgmbbmenu.jpg

But the previous few days, it was constantly the full (pulled-down) menu with all the other pulldown titles (FAQs, Cooling, Driveline...) that would slide down and block half the page, and the "X" wasn't there to collapse it.

Also, what device, OS, and browser are you using?
A desktop system built by a MicroSoft programmer that I reinstalled Win7Ultx64 onto. I'm using Chrome. I hardly ever browse anything from my phone, and I never post from it. I much prefer a full keyboard, a big mouse (for my big hands) with a wheel & right button, a big monitor, and a real browser.

Well, I haven't really done anything that should have fixed it, although I have published the site a few times as I'm adding new pages/documentation. Perhaps that did it? But I live on the site and, like you, use Chrome. But, when out and about I will post from my iPhone X.

But, I will say that I'm having problems with Chrome. On my Surface Pro (Win 10) there's a stuck drop-down. But, unlike what you are seeing it is showing on every page, no matter what I look at.

Anyway, glad it appears to be fixed. (I say "appears" because things like this tend to come back.)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I haven't really done anything that should have fixed it, although I have published the site a few times as I'm adding new pages/documentation. Perhaps that did it? But I live on the site and, like you, use Chrome. But, when out and about I will post from my iPhone X.

But, I will say that I'm having problems with Chrome. On my Surface Pro (Win 10) there's a stuck drop-down. But, unlike what you are seeing it is showing on every page, no matter what I look at.

Anyway, glad it appears to be fixed. (I say "appears" because things like this tend to come back.)

It started again:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/1140986/thumbnail/garysgmbbmenufail.jpg

The first page or 2 today loaded normally (the menu appeared, and then rolled up on its own), but since then, it has been doing this (no X to close it - I have to jiggle the scroll wheel) on several pages. Any time I scroll the page up, the menu automatically drops down again. When I scroll down a few lines, the menu rolls up.