Bullnose Forums

T170 TOD transmission 4 speed OD

PetesPonies

• 2 weeks later...

I have posted, looking for this trans, in several places. Not here, but I have been contacted a few times by someone saying they have a trans, but, no it's not what I'm looking for :) Really? Are we that dumb now? 435s, 3 speeds, all have been offered . . SMH.

I've never seen one of those transmissions. Most of what I've been around in the manuals have been the NP435 and T18's and 19's.

By the way, I do have an NP and a T19 for sale. :nabble_smiley_evil:

I've never seen one of those transmissions. Most of what I've been around in the manuals have been the NP435 and T18's and 19's.

By the way, I do have an NP and a T19 for sale. :nabble_smiley_evil:

It wasn't a heavy duty transmission. Used in 2wd, mainly behind 4.9s, some 302s. And no, not interested in what you have :)

I think that specific TOD trans is fairly uncommon isn't it?...

I was going to ask why not an M5OD 5spd...same thing...aluminum case, top mounted shifter, etc...but then I remembered that you're not running a SBF and therefore need the ability to change the bellhousing.

I know I'm off in a different part of the world up here, but it seems that 9 times out of 10, every 3 pedal Bullnose I see has the New Process 4spd. Then again, it IS market dependent...I know here at least, probably more than 90% of the trucks sold in that era were for work, and OD was never really needed.

Don't mind me Pete, I'm just rambling...

I think that specific TOD trans is fairly uncommon isn't it?...

I was going to ask why not an M5OD 5spd...same thing...aluminum case, top mounted shifter, etc...but then I remembered that you're not running a SBF and therefore need the ability to change the bellhousing.

I know I'm off in a different part of the world up here, but it seems that 9 times out of 10, every 3 pedal Bullnose I see has the New Process 4spd. Then again, it IS market dependent...I know here at least, probably more than 90% of the trucks sold in that era were for work, and OD was never really needed.

Don't mind me Pete, I'm just rambling...

No they used a lot of them, before the 5 speed. The problem with that 5 speed is that it is a hydraulic activated clutch. Not interested in that.

No they used a lot of them, before the 5 speed. The problem with that 5 speed is that it is a hydraulic activated clutch. Not interested in that.

I don't know where you're located, but the PickNPull in Vancouver, WA has a truck with one in it...

• 10 months later...

I'm located about as far away from there that I could be . . but you can UPS it to me :)

Just out of curiosity would a 4 speed manual E150 van have that transmission? I could go pull the doghouse and see what I can see... I know it is a 4 speed and pretty sure it was an overdrive. I know it has mechanical linkage. If a van transmission could work let me know and I will do a more detailed investigation.

Just out of curiosity would a 4 speed manual E150 van have that transmission? I could go pull the doghouse and see what I can see... I know it is a 4 speed and pretty sure it was an overdrive. I know it has mechanical linkage. If a van transmission could work let me know and I will do a more detailed investigation.

Pretty sure now it is the transmission you want. It is a top loaded, side shift linkage 3+O.D. I have only heard it referred to as a RUG transmission. Although, a quick google search says they are one in the same...

0712201639a.jpg.4bff481a85563b081e2424286fcbb267.jpg

0712201639b.jpg.7b0358feaacdf65d150cdf3f3d69a7a7.jpg

0712201639c.jpg.cb452482afded539d6234eddd55a82ab.jpg

Let me know what you need to know.

0712201639.jpg.9e82f5841261c26de691a9f175e7dbed.jpg