My '83 Bronco

PetesPonies

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good, Pete! :nabble_smiley_good:

It sure is!

What rubber floor is that? Cleaned up original Ford stuff, or new aftermarket?

It's a mat from ACC. ACC is probably the largest after market carpet supplier. But they have mats to fit as well. I wanted it to feel older, no carpet.

It's a mat from ACC. ACC is probably the largest after market carpet supplier. But they have mats to fit as well. I wanted it to feel older, no carpet.

Cut the interior side panel to make it short. I want the rear to be exposed like an early Bronco. So I needed a way for the trim panels to look finished and not just cut off. So I welded a return on to the cut panel and refinished it in saddle. Almost looks stock :)

trim_panel_mod.jpg.459cefd31e1c208582c5d3636bf63f2a.jpg

Cut the interior side panel to make it short. I want the rear to be exposed like an early Bronco. So I needed a way for the trim panels to look finished and not just cut off. So I welded a return on to the cut panel and refinished it in saddle. Almost looks stock :)

I would have taken that for stock. Well done! 👍

...a LG/Y wire in both of your door jambs that, if grounded, will bring the dome light on.
Actually, that's the main power wire for courtesy lights, clock & radio memory, and a few other things. It should never be grounded, it'll blow a fuse (at least). To turn on the courtesy lights, the switch connects LG/Y to Bk/LB. The bulbs are grounded.

...a LG/Y wire in both of your door jambs that, if grounded, will bring the dome light on.
Actually, that's the main power wire for courtesy lights, clock & radio memory, and a few other things. It should never be grounded, it'll blow a fuse (at least). To turn on the courtesy lights, the switch connects LG/Y to Bk/LB. The bulbs are grounded.

left_door_inside_done.jpg.f2f7b9485b9caa585b1361e8a2c699e8.jpg