Bullnose Forums

My '83 Bronco

PetesPonies

....more options my truck never had;).

And less to go wrong! :nabble_anim_jump:

Very true. But, some things are just really nice to have. Like those courtesy lights when you open the door at night. Or the intermittent wipers, that I got to use yesterday when it was just spitting rain every once in a while.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great!

I'm jealous of the door wiring...lol.

Even the door switch...my truck didn't even come with those. My wife asked the other night..."Why doesn't the interior light come on when I open the door?"....more options my truck never had;).

I've never heard of one not having a courtesy light??

• 4 weeks later...

I've never heard of one not having a courtesy light??

Oh...I missed this reply, sorry.

My truck has a dome light that I can turn on with the light switch, but there are no door switches to turn the light on when you open the door(s). That's what my wife was commenting on...she was expecting an interior light to come when she opened the door.

$25 total, including shipping and I have a new window regulator. . . . and a few rivets. If it lasts, what a deal.

The 1981 F-Series brochure shows on Page 9 that the Custom got a driver's door switch and on Page 8 the Ranger adds passenger's door switch. And Page 18, which shows the options, confirms that as both the Convenience Group and the Light Group add a switch to the passenger's door for a Custom.

So, Rembrant, you should have a LG/Y wire in both of your door jambs that, if grounded, will bring the dome light on. (Shown on Page 52 in the 1981 EVTM.) If you can fish them out and install switches your dome light should come on with either door opening.

Pete - That was a good buy on the window regulator. :nabble_smiley_good:

The 1981 F-Series brochure shows on Page 9 that the Custom got a driver's door switch and on Page 8 the Ranger adds passenger's door switch. And Page 18, which shows the options, confirms that as both the Convenience Group and the Light Group add a switch to the passenger's door for a Custom.

So, Rembrant, you should have a LG/Y wire in both of your door jambs that, if grounded, will bring the dome light on. (Shown on Page 52 in the 1981 EVTM.) If you can fish them out and install switches your dome light should come on with either door opening.

Pete - That was a good buy on the window regulator. :nabble_smiley_good:

Right, wiring for many things are just taped with the wire loom. Cheaper to have all the harnesses have the wires than make many different versions.

Right, wiring for many things are just taped with the wire loom. Cheaper to have all the harnesses have the wires than make many different versions.

Interior is painted, so now I can start reassembly. The upholstery isn't finished, nor are the trim pieces, dash, etc, up front that are being recolored. But little by little this will get buttoned up in the next couple weeks.

interior_painted.jpg.5f6c84c542b4c670191263e311bce3df.jpg

Interior is painted, so now I can start reassembly. The upholstery isn't finished, nor are the trim pieces, dash, etc, up front that are being recolored. But little by little this will get buttoned up in the next couple weeks.

Nice! A lot of work!

Thanks. Got the jute glued down and the mat trimmed enough to install. Final trimming and securing to come.

jute_down.jpg.a76003f3bd79962485a1c934bd9a180e.jpg

mat_layed_in_place.jpg.5092c6d37802f9cdc2617b67e635107c.jpg