Bullnose Forums

My '83 Bronco

PetesPonies

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, that looks like Hugger Orange. :nabble_smiley_good:

When will the rest of the truck match it?

I'm hoping to paint the rest in a few weeks. I was always going to paint the roof separate....just too high to do it with the rest in my facility. This way, once in the booth again, no step ladder needed.

I'm hoping to paint the rest in a few weeks. I was always going to paint the roof separate....just too high to do it with the rest in my facility. This way, once in the booth again, no step ladder needed.

Makes sense, although I'm no painter.

Anyway, can't wait to see it.

By the way, since yours is an '83 I thought I should give you a link to the new '83 lit I put up: Literature/1983 Literature. There are Bronco and F-Series brochures, the dealer fact book, and color chip chart.

Makes sense, although I'm no painter.

Anyway, can't wait to see it.

By the way, since yours is an '83 I thought I should give you a link to the new '83 lit I put up: Literature/1983 Literature. There are Bronco and F-Series brochures, the dealer fact book, and color chip chart.

Thanks. Since it is a truck, there are easy places top break the paint, visible seams. And not having to step up and worry about the gun air supply line ,and my breathing hose, touching the truck . . makes it a much easier and less stressful experience.

Thanks. Since it is a truck, there are easy places top break the paint, visible seams. And not having to step up and worry about the gun air supply line ,and my breathing hose, touching the truck . . makes it a much easier and less stressful experience.

I am making the Bronco more like an early Bronco . so I was not interested in any of the rear compartment plastic/trim etc. I want metal like the EBs. Since it is going to be orange in color, I used an orange bedliner. Not sure what I will do on the floor as I have a black mat to cover the entire inside of the truck. Therefore, the floor will be covered. I may use a black sealer on the floor.

orange_bedliner.jpg.57da85210eef46f9ffe81da6febc978f.jpg

I am making the Bronco more like an early Bronco . so I was not interested in any of the rear compartment plastic/trim etc. I want metal like the EBs. Since it is going to be orange in color, I used an orange bedliner. Not sure what I will do on the floor as I have a black mat to cover the entire inside of the truck. Therefore, the floor will be covered. I may use a black sealer on the floor.

Would the black sealer have some mass to it? The bed liner does and, therefore, reduces the noise that is transmitted through the floor by lowering its resonance. (Mass loading.)

And, would the black sealer be slick? The bed liner wouldn't and, therefore, would tend to keep the mat from walking.

Just some thoughts.

Would the black sealer have some mass to it? The bed liner does and, therefore, reduces the noise that is transmitted through the floor by lowering its resonance. (Mass loading.)

And, would the black sealer be slick? The bed liner wouldn't and, therefore, would tend to keep the mat from walking.

Just some thoughts.

Well, like I said, there is a full black mat to the interior. It is cut like carpet, but is rubber. As for noise . hahahaha :) This isn't going to be quiet. I got rid of the hardtop, have a convertible top ( Rampage ) that will be permanent. A cushy cruiser it is not :) So noise from the floor isn't even on the scope :) The sealer I refer to is thick and rubber like. I have used it before on other floors. It is not as hard and sharp as bedliner. A mat will lay much better on it, as the carpet would. Here's a rampage top. Not only do the windows zip out, but the top folds down as well. http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1092224/fullsize/dsc00017-(1280x960).jpg

Well, like I said, there is a full black mat to the interior. It is cut like carpet, but is rubber. As for noise . hahahaha :) This isn't going to be quiet. I got rid of the hardtop, have a convertible top ( Rampage ) that will be permanent. A cushy cruiser it is not :) So noise from the floor isn't even on the scope :) The sealer I refer to is thick and rubber like. I have used it before on other floors. It is not as hard and sharp as bedliner. A mat will lay much better on it, as the carpet would. Here's a rampage top. Not only do the windows zip out, but the top folds down as well. http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1092224/fullsize/dsc00017-(1280x960).jpg

I like the top. And the sealer sounds like the way to go as it will cushion things.

Gonna be cool!

I got rid of the hardtop, have a convertible top ( Rampage ) that will be permanent.

I just came across one of these tops in the classifieds this morning. $625 CDN (or, approx $475 USD).

No idea what these things are worth new.

I like the top. And the sealer sounds like the way to go as it will cushion things.

Gonna be cool!

I'm still shooting for paint next week on the body. Doors, hood, tailgate, will be later. I changed course on the grille. Decided to do an early Bronco grille, rather than the '64 F100. Little more difficult as I have to lengthen the grille, rather than shorten it. This pic shows some steel tubing I used to connect the three pieces of the original EB grille. The front edge of the hood is going to have to be totally changed.

early_grille_with_tubing.jpg.c4f02b91e08df87452a7c4f14dff89ba.jpg