Bullnose Forums

My '83 Bronco

PetesPonies

I'm still shooting for paint next week on the body. Doors, hood, tailgate, will be later. I changed course on the grille. Decided to do an early Bronco grille, rather than the '64 F100. Little more difficult as I have to lengthen the grille, rather than shorten it. This pic shows some steel tubing I used to connect the three pieces of the original EB grille. The front edge of the hood is going to have to be totally changed.

Wow! That really changes the look of the truck. Can't wait to see what the changes to the hood do.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! That really changes the look of the truck. Can't wait to see what the changes to the hood do.

Well hood needs to be changed to match the flat grille. You know the hood goes out in the middle, so that will have to be cut and reshaped.

The front edge of the hood is going to have to be totally changed.

early_grille_with_tubing.jpg

Why not change [fill in] the top of the E.B. grill? :nabble_anim_confused:

Have to do both. The grille will get filled in at the top, that has to happen. But even then the hood protrudes much too far forward. So both will be done. This isn't an easy fab.

Have to do both. The grille will get filled in at the top, that has to happen. But even then the hood protrudes much too far forward. So both will be done. This isn't an easy fab.

I haven't looked, but will that require moving the striker/latch as well as the hole in the hood for it? This sounds complicated.

I haven't looked, but will that require moving the striker/latch as well as the hole in the hood for it? This sounds complicated.

I think I can do it without effecting the latch assembly location. That is an important part of what I'm trying to do, leave that geometry unchanged.

I think I can do it without effecting the latch assembly location. That is an important part of what I'm trying to do, leave that geometry unchanged.

That would make it a lot easier. But your grille has to clear that as well. Lots of things to consider. Good luck!

That would make it a lot easier. But your grille has to clear that as well. Lots of things to consider. Good luck!

The grille will be in front of the stock latch assembly that bolts onto the radiator support. I can make that work. Then the modification of the hood can't go back to where the striker is . .all kept in front. If that happens, then all should be well.

The grille will be in front of the stock latch assembly that bolts onto the radiator support. I can make that work. Then the modification of the hood can't go back to where the striker is . .all kept in front. If that happens, then all should be well.

Distance shot gives you a better perspective.

EB_grille_far_shot.jpg.d68199874af1985b6ac9bf3b52e37ec4.jpg