Bullnose Forums

Lift Going On

emunder

Yes, Janey is a "keeper"! :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes, she's a keeper! I really have to apologize to the rest of the world for getting THE jewel. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And, you remember the story quite well, David, of how I came to have Blue - the truck we were in when she suggested we take Big Blue. For those that don't, we were in Rusty, a 1981 RCLB w/a built 351M/C6 and we were pulling our new-to-us 2002 25' Sea Ray back from OKC. It was noisy in the cab and talking was difficult, but she got quiet for a stretch and then said "You know, if you sold the Murano you could buy a new(er) truck for pulling the boat." So we talked about that for a bit.

Then, a few days later I came in from the shop and she handed me her iPad with a fully decked out 2015 F150 King Ranch showing. So we took a trip to the dealership and agreed on a Platinum. And, as I told her this morning, his Crewcab/short bed combo is wonderful. It'll swallow 5 adults in style and haul way more luggage than they should ever have - and tow a travel trailer or boat at the same time. Or bring a D60 home in style, once towing it home on the trailer and another time bringing it home in the bed.

Anway, YES. She's a KEEPER!!

Yes, Janey is a "keeper"! :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes, she's a keeper! I really have to apologize to the rest of the world for getting THE jewel. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And, you remember the story quite well, David, of how I came to have Blue - the truck we were in when she suggested we take Big Blue. For those that don't, we were in Rusty, a 1981 RCLB w/a built 351M/C6 and we were pulling our new-to-us 2002 25' Sea Ray back from OKC. It was noisy in the cab and talking was difficult, but she got quiet for a stretch and then said "You know, if you sold the Murano you could buy a new(er) truck for pulling the boat." So we talked about that for a bit.

Then, a few days later I came in from the shop and she handed me her iPad with a fully decked out 2015 F150 King Ranch showing. So we took a trip to the dealership and agreed on a Platinum. And, as I told her this morning, his Crewcab/short bed combo is wonderful. It'll swallow 5 adults in style and haul way more luggage than they should ever have - and tow a travel trailer or boat at the same time. Or bring a D60 home in style, once towing it home on the trailer and another time bringing it home in the bed.

Anway, YES. She's a KEEPER!!

It is always good when our significant other supports our hobbies.

You guys are singing my song!

My nephew and friends just got back from Moab with their RZR's. He's well aware of what I'm building and was adamant that Big Blue could do Moab easily. No, not some of the side trails they took, but the main ones for sure.

As for Silverton, Janey and I just had an interesting conversation. We've been talking about two trips, one where the two of us take Big Blue to Ouray and do the mountain roads/trails and stay in a hotel at night. This was to have been in about a year or so when Big Blue is back on the road from his "transformation". And the other trip is to the Durango area in about two years were we rent a large house for a week and invite the kids and grandkids to join us.

So this morning Janey says "Why don't we drive Big Blue out to the Durango house, and when the kids leave we'll do the trails around Ouray?" YES! Not "Do you think Big Blue can do it", or "Will Big Blue be ready?" Further, she said "And maybe you, Bret, and TJ will want to take Big Blue on some of the trails while the kids are there."

:nabble_anim_jump:

Nice Gary. When I was younger I went to school in Albuquerque so we went to Colorado pretty frequently to ski & Durango was one of the places we went pretty frequently. I think back then the ski resort was called Purgatory but I think they've changed the name since. Also been up there in the summer and it is absolutely beautiful. We've been to the Indian ruins and did a lot of other exploring out there. But I would love to run some of the trails with our Jeeps in Silverton, Ouray, ect. Have to post up some pics if you get out there!

Nice Gary. When I was younger I went to school in Albuquerque so we went to Colorado pretty frequently to ski & Durango was one of the places we went pretty frequently. I think back then the ski resort was called Purgatory but I think they've changed the name since. Also been up there in the summer and it is absolutely beautiful. We've been to the Indian ruins and did a lot of other exploring out there. But I would love to run some of the trails with our Jeeps in Silverton, Ouray, ect. Have to post up some pics if you get out there!

Yes, it is always good when our "significant other" supports our hobbies. And, we support each other's hobbies, for sure.

As for Purgatory, I wasn't aware they changed the name. Shame. I've always thought that the name came from the movie Support Your Local Gunfighter and was, if I remember correctly, filmed to some extent in the area and on the D&RGW.

There's SO much to do in the Durango area. We've ridden mountain bikes and their original mountain coaster at the ski resort. Plus the train. And horseback riding. And fishing. And whitewater rafting. And Mesa Verde, the indian ruins. Oh, and don't forget off-roading!

Yes, I'll have plenty of pics!

• 2 weeks later...

Took some time off working on the truck due to the heat but got some more done last night. Put the rear blocks in so the lift is done. Just need to install the ball joints & camber bushings & then get it over for an alignment. The wheels I initially wanted were out of production so I just went with these American Racing wheels w/ 33" BFG All-Terrains. Love the way it looks...can't wait to throw the fronts on.

1.png.f24530f57ecfa8ccde3ca03bda8ebc40.png

2.png.b8fca1f8cb5a29842e962f06ac811114.png

Took some time off working on the truck due to the heat but got some more done last night. Put the rear blocks in so the lift is done. Just need to install the ball joints & camber bushings & then get it over for an alignment. The wheels I initially wanted were out of production so I just went with these American Racing wheels w/ 33" BFG All-Terrains. Love the way it looks...can't wait to throw the fronts on.

Certainly looks good! :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes! I like it! :nabble_anim_claps:

I dig it!