Bullnose Forums

Interior lights driver door switch

Before I end up doing something I regret, when I open my drivers door none of the cab lights turn on. However the passenger side works fine. I’m assuming it’s the switch in the front of the door, but before I try to unscrew that has anyone done this before? Do I have to worry about the switch and or any other parts falling into the cab frame never to be seen again? image933.jpg.d5a138fde445a46cb739ac2daf1f62c0.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be that switch. But is it coming fully out? Or is it stuck in? Work with a bit to see if it'll free up. And if you have contact cleaner shoot it with some. If you don't have contact cleaner WD40 will work.

(I just texted the same info to Bruno but said WD50 by accident. He said he had WD30 but would shoot it twice. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:)

I just removed my door switch a couple days ago (It's seized, and I have a new one and a new plug on the way). Just unscrew the nut and pull the switch out. Once you unplug it, use something to keep the plug from falling back through the hole. If the plug goes back through, then you'll be taking some interior panels off to get to it.

I just removed my door switch a couple days ago (It's seized, and I have a new one and a new plug on the way). Just unscrew the nut and pull the switch out. Once you unplug it, use something to keep the plug from falling back through the hole. If the plug goes back through, then you'll be taking some interior panels off to get to it.

I did it! It was easier than I was Anticipating, thank you. Unfortunately not only was it badly corroded but one of the pins broke when I pulled it apart to clean it due to the corrosion. Where did you buy a new one if I may ask?

Just got a set in from Rock Auto yesterday. Motorcraft SW-6345

I ended up placing a bigger order with lmc, they have so much stuff! They also seem to be better priced than bronco graveyard which has crazy high shipping fees. Ask me how I know as of this afternoon :(

Just got a set in from Rock Auto yesterday. Motorcraft SW-6345

Do you have them on both doors?

I only have one on the driver's door. There's a rubber plug in the hole on the passenger side.

Yeah, both doors. It's an xlt lariat if that matters? Have you ever looked behind the kick panel to see if the the wire is back there?