Bullnose Forums

1986 F350 4 X 4 Crew Cab

Nice truck! But I wonder about the $15,900 price. And, is the "rare" statement due to its condition? Or?

Anyway, it is interesting to see how it sits. It should have the same rear springs as Big Blue from what I remember, and the rear certainly looks like it is the same as BB. But the front is up due to the D60, and that makes the truck sit pretty much level - like it should.

1986_F350_Sits_Level.thumb.jpg.2cd751e6123514c81a6a0cb7549009b2.jpg

The driveshafts in that thing are probably the same wheelbase as my truck!!

But it IS gorgeous! I'd drive it, as long as I never had to go into the city with it for any reason.:nabble_smiley_happy:

Those cab clearance lights and the two tone paint with no striping or molding is a big turn off for me. Otherwise, it's a nice truck for sure.

Nice truck! But I wonder about the $15,900 price. And, is the "rare" statement due to its condition? Or?

Anyway, it is interesting to see how it sits. It should have the same rear springs as Big Blue from what I remember, and the rear certainly looks like it is the same as BB. But the front is up due to the D60, and that makes the truck sit pretty much level - like it should.

I would say “rare” is an exaggeration. Bullnose crew cabs with SRW are a fairly uncommon configuration, especially 4x4 SRW, but not rare. Rarely for sale perhaps...

The price is pretty hefty but it shows sale pending. I know these are in pretty high demand.

The F350 uses higher lift blocks in the rear when equipped with a straight axle D60 in front. But even with that, mine sat pretty level. I measured only about 3/4” to 1” of rake which isn’t much over a 21’ long truck. I liked the way it sat. To my eyes is didn’t need any lifting or leveling.

I would say “rare” is an exaggeration. Bullnose crew cabs with SRW are a fairly uncommon configuration, especially 4x4 SRW, but not rare. Rarely for sale perhaps...

The price is pretty hefty but it shows sale pending. I know these are in pretty high demand.

The F350 uses higher lift blocks in the rear when equipped with a straight axle D60 in front. But even with that, mine sat pretty level. I measured only about 3/4” to 1” of rake which isn’t much over a 21’ long truck. I liked the way it sat. To my eyes is didn’t need any lifting or leveling.

That's the look I'm shooting for on Big Blue, meaning sitting pretty level. I have two 4" lift blocks and one 3" lift block in addition to what are probably the 2" blocks that are on it. So I hope to be able to achieve that look, albeit somewhat shorter in overall length.

That's the look I'm shooting for on Big Blue, meaning sitting pretty level. I have two 4" lift blocks and one 3" lift block in addition to what are probably the 2" blocks that are on it. So I hope to be able to achieve that look, albeit somewhat shorter in overall length.

I’ll throw a tape measure on my lift blocks when I get home and let you know what the stock D60 trucks had. You will likely need a bit more if you are using a RSK. Sorry, I haven’t been keeping up with the transformat thread so I’m a little behind on your exact plan. You are making good progress though, and I think you will be happy with how the 1 ton straight axle trucks sit.

I’ll throw a tape measure on my lift blocks when I get home and let you know what the stock D60 trucks had. You will likely need a bit more if you are using a RSK. Sorry, I haven’t been keeping up with the transformat thread so I’m a little behind on your exact plan. You are making good progress though, and I think you will be happy with how the 1 ton straight axle trucks sit.

I'm pretty sure the D60 trucks had 4" blocks. And I have a pair of those.

Not to worry about keeping up, it is going to be a long, slow slog. You take care of what's important. :nabble_smiley_wink: