Bullnose Forums

Blue early door panels with slider locks, woodgrain panels and map pockets - NOS

The little trim panel above the arm rest says these are from a 1980.

Yes, that upper trim piece was only used in 1980. Not sure why it was dropped. Was it used the whole year? I think it looks good; it matches the dashboard in front of the passenger.

Those door panels are a rare find. No one reproduces the woodgrain nor the armrest trim. If I had a 1980 truck, I would snatch those up.

Yes, that upper trim piece was only used in 1980. Not sure why it was dropped. Was it used the whole year? I think it looks good; it matches the dashboard in front of the passenger.

Those door panels are a rare find. No one reproduces the woodgrain nor the armrest trim. If I had a 1980 truck, I would snatch those up.

So that's when it was used! I wasn't aware of that. Good to know.

So that's when it was used! I wasn't aware of that. Good to know.

I can't remember if I ever found them in the MPC.

The higher end Explorer trim trucks had their own version in plaid cloth that matched the seats.

The early woodgrain panels are actually aluminum rather than the later plastic.

I can't remember if I ever found them in the MPC.

The higher end Explorer trim trucks had their own version in plaid cloth that matched the seats.

I can't find them in the MPC. I searched the whole of the catalog for 23942, which is the door panel itself. That let me look at every illustration where the panel is shown, and none of them have those pieces shown.

And, I can't find it in the text section either, but since I don't know the part number it is harder to find.

Really? That's awesome.

I've got a few sets but they are all the black plastic. Never knew there was aluminum versions.

Edit: zooming in on this one does look like the easily broken plastics tabs are shiny!

I can't find them in the MPC. I searched the whole of the catalog for 23942, which is the door panel itself. That let me look at every illustration where the panel is shown, and none of them have those pieces shown.

And, I can't find it in the text section either, but since I don't know the part number it is harder to find.

The back side of the trim panel is aluminum, and when I pulled my set from the junkyard, there were no ID numbers to be found on either. These things are definitely a mystery. Only available on high end Explorer and Ranger Lariat trucks for one year only.

Really? That's awesome.

I've got a few sets but they are all the black plastic. Never knew there was aluminum versions.

Edit: zooming in on this one does look like the easily broken plastics tabs are shiny!

The aluminum tabs aren't any better, they tend to tear when you bend them back.

I'm not sure when the switch to plastic was, I don't remember seeing any reference to it in the MPC when I was originally researching this stuff.