Bullnose Forums

1980 F150 - Interesting Seller Opinion

1980 F150 Ranger Explorer

This one is a pretty interesting listing. The seller tries really hard to talk up a $500 truck that has obviously lived a rough life. This truck is in worse shape than my brown truck was, and my brown truck was not in the best shape. This truck is far from an original survivor, and is pretty typical of what I see in Florida. It's interesting how it's rusty in all of the same places as my 1980 was, including the strange A-Pillar rust. It's sad to see it in such a condition, and I honestly want to bid on it just to save it, however that rust is a big no for me.

Yes, it is interesting. He makes statements that are hard to swallow, like:

Doubtful to find another 1980 model year F 150 for sale anywhere as rare as they are. Plenty of 1979 models and other years out there for sale, but when I checked every source I could think of (Auto Trader, Car Gurus, etc), I found none for sale. World wide collectors are buying up classic American pickups by the boatload.

Really?!?! As we know, the 1980 trucks are slightly different, but there's no reason for them to be any harder to find than a '79 or '81.

Having said that, it isn't a bad truck for $500.

Doubtful to find another 1980 model year F 150 for sale anywhere as rare as they are. Plenty of 1979 models and other years out there for sale, but when I checked every source I could think of (Auto Trader, Car Gurus, etc), I found none for sale. World wide collectors are buying up classic American pickups by the boatload.

Really?!?! As we know, the 1980 trucks are slightly different, but there's no reason for them to be any harder to find than a '79 or '81.

He's obviously yet to discover Facebook Marketplace. :nabble_smiley_good:

Where I am from, I still see a few 1978/1979 Ford trucks, and also a few 1982 - 1986 trucks on the job. But I hardly ever see 1980/1981 models. I don't know why?

Where I am from, I still see a few 1978/1979 Ford trucks, and also a few 1982 - 1986 trucks on the job. But I hardly ever see 1980/1981 models. I don't know why?

I'm sure it's because they're all locked away in airtight bunkers, being polished with diapers. :nabble_smiley_thinking: