Bullnose Forums

Reproduction hood insulation pad...

It is! Does an insulation pad require holes to be drilled, or are the holes already there?

How common was the hood insulation? I have never seen one on a Bullnose before.

I believe they came on diesel powered trucks. I do not know about the mounting holes.

It is! Does an insulation pad require holes to be drilled, or are the holes already there?

How common was the hood insulation? I have never seen one on a Bullnose before.

You can see them in the illustration here: Fasteners/Front Clip/Hood. (Boy, that thing is HIDDEN and I had a hard time finding it. I REALLY need to link to it from other places.)

But it was only used on the diesels, as shown below. And, it appears to have been held on with 18 push pins, indicating that the holes are already there. However, I don't understand why there's a different pin for '83 vs '84. Nor why the '84 isn't "84/86". :nabble_anim_confused:

Hood_Insulator.jpg.ea5d49f028eb28aa2b30980512fe3185.jpg

I believe they came on diesel powered trucks. I do not know about the mounting holes.

There is a thread about this over on the other forum going on right now.

Correct for diesels - they had the hood one and the under dash/floorboard ones.

Even the gas hoods have holes in them throughout so I'd always assumed they used the same hood template but from some people over on the other thread it sounds like they didn't and they have to be drilled.

There is a thread about this over on the other forum going on right now.

Correct for diesels - they had the hood one and the under dash/floorboard ones.

Even the gas hoods have holes in them throughout so I'd always assumed they used the same hood template but from some people over on the other thread it sounds like they didn't and they have to be drilled.

There is one part number for the hood (E4TZ 16612-B) for all of 1980-86. Obviously that's an '84 part number, but the point is that there's not a different one for diesels or gas engines.

My guess is that the people having to drill holes have an 80 - 83 truck and they may not have had the holes like apparently all 1984 - 86 trucks did.

Hood_Part_Numbers.jpg.39f2e887cd1bb1eed81c8c7f7698e062.jpg