Bullnose Forums

1981 Bronco Project

fiftyfordfloored

That's awesome. He did a really nice job on that truck.

Ended up at the junkyard this past Sunday and grabbed a cylinder head off of a '69 240 six.

There was a really nice front half of an '81 F150 flareside next to it with a complete 300 and all the accessories and Duraspark II set up. Bed was shot, fenders were nearly mint. May have to go back for that stuff.

Does the head off the 240 raise the compression ratio on a 300?

• 7 months later...

Yes... approximately 1/2 point.

received_10156657688541015.jpeg.1360958be46a035df1d5b96309d4de7e.jpeg

My sister decided to go with something more modern and bought an Expedition, so here's a picture of the '83 that's now mine as well. Pictured after I pulled the plow setup completely off. Yes, now I'm hording Bullnoses. First thing with this one is to take the stupid body lift off of it. Body mount hardware is insanely expensive.

My sister decided to go with something more modern and bought an Expedition, so here's a picture of the '83 that's now mine as well. Pictured after I pulled the plow setup completely off. Yes, now I'm hording Bullnoses. First thing with this one is to take the stupid body lift off of it. Body mount hardware is insanely expensive.

Wow! If there's a prize for the most Bullnose trucks I'm so far behind I might as well bow out. My 2.x pales in comparison. (The "x" is for the parts of several trucks that are being stored. Not sure how many trucks I could build, but as there's no frame I guess it is less than one.)

Anyway, congrat's! Other than removing the lift, what are the plans?

Wow! If there's a prize for the most Bullnose trucks I'm so far behind I might as well bow out. My 2.x pales in comparison. (The "x" is for the parts of several trucks that are being stored. Not sure how many trucks I could build, but as there's no frame I guess it is less than one.)

Anyway, congrat's! Other than removing the lift, what are the plans?

Plans for this one are to clean it up, probably wiring harness swap since the mice got to it... and daily drive it/rolling restoration while I 4x4 swap my '87 Bricknose. If you want a clean 4x4 truck in New Jersey, start with a 2WD. Less salt, rarely driven in the winter.

87f150.jpg.7466f5273f8846993c2cd80c172ae63c.jpg

The '81 is going in the garage and getting an actual resto. That's going to be the Mrs's. She liked the idea of going to shows with His and Hers Broncos. The '86 is going to donate it's parts to both the '81 and '83.

Plans for this one are to clean it up, probably wiring harness swap since the mice got to it... and daily drive it/rolling restoration while I 4x4 swap my '87 Bricknose. If you want a clean 4x4 truck in New Jersey, start with a 2WD. Less salt, rarely driven in the winter.

The '81 is going in the garage and getting an actual resto. That's going to be the Mrs's. She liked the idea of going to shows with His and Hers Broncos. The '86 is going to donate it's parts to both the '81 and '83.

Cool idea - his and her Broncos. :nabble_smiley_good:

Cool idea - his and her Broncos. :nabble_smiley_good:

We thought it was very cool. She wanted to learn how to weld, so now she'll get her chance. Going to keep the '81 black with red factory pinstripes and black interior, and a set of 80's RamCharger Hurricane wheels for that nifty 80's look. On the '83 Rootbeer Float, I need to find a nice set of 90's Alcoas. I have so many sets of ford wagon wheels now... I think her's is going to end up with the fuel injected drivetrain out of the '86, and if I can figure out how to put a electronic T-Case in it... She likes the creature comforts. The '83 has a 302 in it, but I'm ether going to build a 300 six, or swap in a 351W I have laying around. Eventually.