Bullnose Forums

Dealer Installed Cruise Control

As Steve said, you need the other components. There were actually 3 different dealer-installed speed control systems. I don't know which one you have, but I'm sure it isn't the first one since this is a pic of that one:

Dealer-Installed_Speed_Control.thumb.jpg.428fc1f66fa0541ce8bc646f618867ab.jpg

But here's a pic from the '86 Accessories catalog, and this one looks like yours:

Dealer-Installed_Speed_Control_1986.thumb.jpg.355b2a3cc94ab6e3caa9765d2ce8a8c0.jpg

And here are the part number listings. You can see that the first two systems were from Dana, and the third one from Specific Cruise Systems. I think that's what you have.

Dealer-Installed_Speed_Control_1980-82JPG.thumb.jpg.55fc1e669dc9d3ff72317ecb41680eb3.jpg

Dealer-Installed_Speed_Control_1983_on.thumb.jpg.e62898449b0d7e5ad1d6f19a09dd0a24.jpg

Wouldn't say missed it, but it wasn't there when I got to the truck. It was on an '83 F150 with a 300, and someone took the carb and everything connected to the vacuum system. Guess the speedometer sensor is worth keeping for future projects.

Wouldn't say missed it, but it wasn't there when I got to the truck. It was on an '83 F150 with a 300, and someone took the carb and everything connected to the vacuum system. Guess the speedometer sensor is worth keeping for future projects.

Interesting. There is at least one of these (the later model one) in the local jy but I'd just assumed it was a jerry rigged setup. I really like that first clip on one.

Yes - I'd hang on to that sensor as among other things, the GVOD uses it.

Edit: just zoomed in and looks like your sensor ends aren't threaded like mine for my GVOD so not sure about the interchangeability.

Interesting. There is at least one of these (the later model one) in the local jy but I'd just assumed it was a jerry rigged setup. I really like that first clip on one.

Yes - I'd hang on to that sensor as among other things, the GVOD uses it.

Edit: just zoomed in and looks like your sensor ends aren't threaded like mine for my GVOD so not sure about the interchangeability.

I had that first cruise control on a Chevy Citation. I installed it and was very pleased with the way it worked. It even had a way to adjust how quickly it tried to pick up speed.