Bullnose Forums

Brush guard [expensive; used]

Yipes! That's 'spensive!!!

These aren't Ford right? Ford only officially had the push bar style? Not the grill guard/headlight surround type?

I've seen a few variations at the jy like this but all slightly different. Black pads, no pads; center having expanded metal vs horizontal bars, etc.

The black pad versions look really good with the padded bumpers no.

Just a popular add on so multiple manufacturers back then?

These aren't Ford right? Ford only officially had the push bar style? Not the grill guard/headlight surround type?

I've seen a few variations at the jy like this but all slightly different. Black pads, no pads; center having expanded metal vs horizontal bars, etc.

The black pad versions look really good with the padded bumpers no.

Just a popular add on so multiple manufacturers back then?

No, I don't believe they are from Ford. I've not seen them in any of the accessory catalogs, much less the parts catalog.

No, I don't believe they are from Ford. I've not seen them in any of the accessory catalogs, much less the parts catalog.

Picked this one up at the jy today. Will have to find or make some rubber bumpers if I ever use it. There were some others there on bullnoses - some homemades, a nice universal looking one and then one that looked similar to this one. It had a Mr. Pickup sticker on it so mine and the one in the listing could be from them.

IMG_20190803_171940.jpg.7fd46f90e4881d479b8f6718998be62a.jpg

Picked this one up at the jy today. Will have to find or make some rubber bumpers if I ever use it. There were some others there on bullnoses - some homemades, a nice universal looking one and then one that looked similar to this one. It had a Mr. Pickup sticker on it so mine and the one in the listing could be from them.

Does it bolt on in place of the bumperettes using the bumper's bolts?

Does it bolt on in place of the bumperettes using the bumper's bolts?

Bumperettes - is that the official term for those? I like it.

I've always called them Horns. But we also call the vent windows: wing-wangs 😁

Yes, it uses the same holes and same capped bolt for the bottom mount.

Has the same fitment as the bumperettes.

IMG_20190803_174831.jpg.f64361bf9be0c159ca048296bf2bc595.jpg

Bumperettes - is that the official term for those? I like it.

I've always called them Horns. But we also call the vent windows: wing-wangs 😁

Yes, it uses the same holes and same capped bolt for the bottom mount.

Has the same fitment as the bumperettes.

Ok, I see how it mounts. Thanks.

As for the bumperettes, they are officially "GUARD AND PAD ASSY. (FRONT BUMPER)". But, that's not the easiest to remember. :nabble_smiley_cry: