Bullnose Forums

Power brake booster assembly [E0TZ-2005-B] - NOS

Would this be a safe bet to purchase? My booster leaks / makes that whooshing noise. I planning on having it rebuilt at some point but that will cost significantly more than 125$. Thoughts? Would the seals in this have gone bad simply due to age??.

Would this be a safe bet to purchase? My booster leaks / makes that whooshing noise. I planning on having it rebuilt at some point but that will cost significantly more than 125$. Thoughts? Would the seals in this have gone bad simply due to age??.

That is the correct booster for:

81/83 F250 - - 2/W/D, 4/W/D and dual piston,w/booster-8500 GVW and over.

If that describes your truck then it would fit.

But boosters usually go bad because the get brake fluid in them due to the master cylinder leaking. So make sure the master cylinder isn't leaking before you replace the booster. You can do that by pulling the two nuts holding the M/C to the booster and moving it forward to allow you to inspect the interface for brake fluid.

That is the correct booster for:

81/83 F250 - - 2/W/D, 4/W/D and dual piston,w/booster-8500 GVW and over.

If that describes your truck then it would fit.

But boosters usually go bad because the get brake fluid in them due to the master cylinder leaking. So make sure the master cylinder isn't leaking before you replace the booster. You can do that by pulling the two nuts holding the M/C to the booster and moving it forward to allow you to inspect the interface for brake fluid.

Well my truck is only a 7300 lb and I am actually not sure if my booster is leaking or MC now that you mention it. Thanks for the feedback