Bullnose Forums

Swap Meet Items

Gary Lewis

Next thing you know, everyone will be wanting to cummins swap stuff as well.

I guess I just didn't know how ahead of the game I was......

You're actually not that far ahead, but I can't exactly remember when you completed the swap. Cummins swaps are very widespread, and have been for a few years now. People are swapping them into just about anything and everything Ford and Chevy makes.

You're actually not that far ahead, but I can't exactly remember when you completed the swap. Cummins swaps are very widespread, and have been for a few years now. People are swapping them into just about anything and everything Ford and Chevy makes.

I started the swap over 5 years ago, when I initially purchased the engine. The first drive was 7/17. Someday, I may get around to *actually* completing the build...….

However, I knew cummins swaps were somewhat common even before I started mine, heck the guy I work for has an 03 F350 with a 5.9 in place of the original 6.0 diesel. But, I've put more miles on mine in 2 years, than he has in more than 7 years.

When I started my swap, everyone said it was too much engine for a half-ton. These days, it's not that uncommon to find the same engine in a car...

I started the swap over 5 years ago, when I initially purchased the engine. The first drive was 7/17. Someday, I may get around to *actually* completing the build...….

However, I knew cummins swaps were somewhat common even before I started mine, heck the guy I work for has an 03 F350 with a 5.9 in place of the original 6.0 diesel. But, I've put more miles on mine in 2 years, than he has in more than 7 years.

When I started my swap, everyone said it was too much engine for a half-ton. These days, it's not that uncommon to find the same engine in a car...

I've even seen a 1965 Ford Galaxie that has a 5.9 Cummins in it. lol.

Rogue, Ive been pondering a swap for little blue. Ive got a 4.9 LS chebbie sittin here. Been thinking about a 5.9 also. I have also read that most people say the 5.9 is too heavy for the half ton.

Im building an airplane now soon. So, probably going to live with the 300, as it works really good and is simple to work on.

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking for some 1986 Nutmeg interior parts:

1. Kick panels for manual vents

2. Manual vents

3. Under steering column collar

4. Ash tray

I am looking for really nice specimens of these as I have some from earlier years but the color doesn't quite line up. Looking for some I don't have to paint.

Scott - i might have some nutmeg panels if you're not in a hurry. Also feel free to ping me at a later date - my truck is also nutmeg and tend to pull anything nutmeg i can find since its rarer. I pulled several panels and am working on installing the nicest ones in my truck. I could also take a pic of parts, and keep you in mind in the future.

Scott - i might have some nutmeg panels if you're not in a hurry. Also feel free to ping me at a later date - my truck is also nutmeg and tend to pull anything nutmeg i can find since its rarer. I pulled several panels and am working on installing the nicest ones in my truck. I could also take a pic of parts, and keep you in mind in the future.

Thanks! I appreciate it. When I get ready to work on the interior I'll reach out. Are your kick panels the cutout ones for the floor vents?