Bullnose Forum

Hydroboost brake conversion

Gary, you will love the results. That was the one thing I hated most about driving the crew cab in town was inadequate brakes. Perhaps my vacuum booster wasn’t up to par, but that big heavy beast didn’t stop worth beans. I could make them lock up if I really stood on the pedal, but until they locked up they felt soft and unresponsive. Made me think of the runaway 18 wheeler song where the guy thought about opening up the door and dragging his foot 🙄. The hydroboost will catch you by surprise the first couple of times you use it, but you catch on fast 😉.

Jonathan - I'm confident I'll like it. And, I'm sure Blacktop will as well when he gets his hydroboost installation done. Hopefully that will be soon and we'll get a report on it. He's well ahead of me as I fight the RSK battles.

Jonathan - I'm confident I'll like it. And, I'm sure Blacktop will as well when he gets his hydroboost installation done. Hopefully that will be soon and we'll get a report on it. He's well ahead of me as I fight the RSK battles.

Welded a new tab on to the mounting bracket at 90 degrees to the original position. This gives the right orientation for the hydrobooster.

20190822_225603.jpg.14e118d3fc76b10ab49f9b469f2a4dcb.jpg

Bracket back on the booster.

Again, apologies for the pics at the wrong angle.

You are sooooo close! Gonna finish it this weekend?

And the welding looks great. :nabble_smiley_good:

On the pics, open them in a photo editing app, which will usually re-orient them, and then save them. That saves the re-oriented version.

But if you can save-as and make the file less than 1 Mb you don't have to use any of the "resizing" options and the pic will be bigger on our screens.

You are sooooo close! Gonna finish it this weekend?

And the welding looks great. :nabble_smiley_good:

On the pics, open them in a photo editing app, which will usually re-orient them, and then save them. That saves the re-oriented version.

But if you can save-as and make the file less than 1 Mb you don't have to use any of the "resizing" options and the pic will be bigger on our screens.

Hopefully get it done next week 🤞

I take the pics on my phone as I don’t tend to use a pc very often. Tried rotating the pics and saving but still no good. Might try and find a photo editing app for my phone and try that.

Alan

Hopefully get it done next week 🤞

I take the pics on my phone as I don’t tend to use a pc very often. Tried rotating the pics and saving but still no good. Might try and find a photo editing app for my phone and try that.

Alan

Can't wait for the results!

On the pics, I've been told that holding the phone in landscape mode works w/o editing, but I haven't tried it.