Bullnose Forums

LMC Now has replacement front door wiring conduit

Now how about rear ones...?
How about them? Is there some reason you can't use the same boots & locations as the fronts?

I'll have to look, I don't believe the bullnose ever had rear power doors. I used a pair of 1996 rear doors on Darth. My owner's manual and EVTM do not show anything except manual rear doors in 1986.

I'll have to look, I don't believe the bullnose ever had rear power doors. I used a pair of 1996 rear doors on Darth. My owner's manual and EVTM do not show anything except manual rear doors in 1986.

OK I still don't understand what you were asking. Are you trying to make the rear doors power? Or are you trying to wire up power rear doors to a truck that didn't originally have them?

OK I still don't understand what you were asking. Are you trying to make the rear doors power? Or are you trying to wire up power rear doors to a truck that didn't originally have them?

Just looking down the road at needing to replace them at some point. Rear doors are power, came off a loaded 1996 F350 Centaurus conversion.

Just looking down the road at needing to replace them at some point. Rear doors are power, came off a loaded 1996 F350 Centaurus conversion.

IDK why they'd need to be replaced - all the '87-97 door wiring boots I have are in perfect condition; no degradation at all. But if you do need some, they're common & cheap in JYs. Just pay attention to the hole size in the doors - later trucks (maybe '94-97) have a larger hole & boot than earlier ones. IDK if that applies to rear doors.

I've never heard of Centaurus - do you mean Centurion? That's the company that made most of the 4-door Broncos, and some extended-cab 4-door F350s, among others.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/72672/thumbnail/centurion-1.jpg

IDK why they'd need to be replaced - all the '87-97 door wiring boots I have are in perfect condition; no degradation at all. But if you do need some, they're common & cheap in JYs. Just pay attention to the hole size in the doors - later trucks (maybe '94-97) have a larger hole & boot than earlier ones. IDK if that applies to rear doors.

I've never heard of Centaurus - do you mean Centurion? That's the company that made most of the 4-door Broncos, and some extended-cab 4-door F350s, among others.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/72672/thumbnail/centurion-1.jpg

I Googled Centaurus:

https://barnfinds.com/centaurus-conversion-1996-ford-f350/

Anybody know off hand what size the conduit hole in the cab is?

I have a stepper bit but if I need a hole saw I’ll pick one up this week.

Also. I have a conduit set that I pulled from the junkyard and I’m pretty sure the truck was 1991 f350. Will these be the same size as the bullnose conduits?

Anybody know off hand what size the conduit hole in the cab is?

I have a stepper bit but if I need a hole saw I’ll pick one up this week.

Also. I have a conduit set that I pulled from the junkyard and I’m pretty sure the truck was 1991 f350. Will these be the same size as the bullnose conduits?

Yes, my bricknose cab is a 90 and the conduits are the same as what came with my old 86 cab, along with my 1980.

Yes, my bricknose cab is a 90 and the conduits are the same as what came with my old 86 cab, along with my 1980.

Do they look like these ones below? I removed these from a truck at the junkyard, but I don't recall what year it was. I thought it was a 1991, but it may have been newer.

The holes are huge...2" on the cab side, and 2 1/2" on the door side.

IMG_8142.jpg.3c8d1f728d1114def1b3df2beb797abc.jpg

IMG_8143.jpg.de174f08b6c96c159154e81eda113a38.jpg

Do they look like these ones below? I removed these from a truck at the junkyard, but I don't recall what year it was. I thought it was a 1991, but it may have been newer.

The holes are huge...2" on the cab side, and 2 1/2" on the door side.

Cory - Those look much bigger than the Bullnose ones. I'll see if any of the doors I have already have the holes in them. But that won't be until later today.

Cory - Those look much bigger than the Bullnose ones. I'll see if any of the doors I have already have the holes in them. But that won't be until later today.

Just checked mine, and the cab is 2" and the doors are 2.5", both my bullnose and bricknose doors are the same size. Also, those conduits have to be from a bullnose because my bricknose connectors are just the two pin style.

Also, my truck was originally mono speaker, so there were no door speakers in the truck. But I just noticed that the doors already have the holes drilled, and they have a plug to keep moisture out. Were all the non/Mono radio trucks like this? I can't recall whether I had to drill the doors on my 80 but I feel like I did?