Bullnose Forums

1983 F350 4x4 CA Fire Truck on Ebay ending today

Nice looking truck. And you could not recreate it for the $9400 current bid - assuming you'd want to recreate it.

But they have an innovative way of counting transmission speeds - they include reverse! The shift knob clearly shows 1 - 4 and reverse, but in two places they state it is a 5-speed, so.... :nabble_anim_confused:

And, has the winch been removed?

31bcf7d537_640.jpg.64c5cfe0da0379496f108dec0adae708.jpg

Nice looking truck. And you could not recreate it for the $9400 current bid...

Gary,

I'm glad that you always make that comment. I think about it ALL THE TIME when looking at used trucks. Knowing what I've spent so far on mine, it almost makes me ill when I see a beautiful truck for $10,000 lol. No joke.

But,...and the big but is...I never see one that is exactly what I want, or what I would build given the opportunity....and the project IS the destination (Or at least it can be if you're into that). There is some pride in the old saying "Built, not bought".

Nice looking truck. And you could not recreate it for the $9400 current bid...

Gary,

I'm glad that you always make that comment. I think about it ALL THE TIME when looking at used trucks. Knowing what I've spent so far on mine, it almost makes me ill when I see a beautiful truck for $10,000 lol. No joke.

But,...and the big but is...I never see one that is exactly what I want, or what I would build given the opportunity....and the project IS the destination (Or at least it can be if you're into that). There is some pride in the old saying "Built, not bought".

Vernon had $40K into Big Blue. And while it is an F250 I'm turning it into an F350 - much like that one. So even more cost. :nabble_money-flying-23_orig:

If I were to buy that F350 I'd pull the red lights and the radios and sorta be back to Square One - for a lot less money than Vernon put into Big Blue, but with essentially all the same bits. No, it wouldn't have new gears in either diff, nor the TrueTracs. But it would have either a D50 or D60 up front instead of the D44.

Vernon had $40K into Big Blue. And while it is an F250 I'm turning it into an F350 - much like that one. So even more cost. :nabble_money-flying-23_orig:

If I were to buy that F350 I'd pull the red lights and the radios and sorta be back to Square One - for a lot less money than Vernon put into Big Blue, but with essentially all the same bits. No, it wouldn't have new gears in either diff, nor the TrueTracs. But it would have either a D50 or D60 up front instead of the D44.

I wonder if contractors, to fight fires for the USFS, want this because things they need are already there.

And it’s a nice low miles truck!