Bullnose Forums

Running Board Opinions

...maybe Ford got them made by DeeZee...
Very possible. Ford got most parts from subcontractors, and some were designed & built by those mfr.s before Ford began buying them as factory or dealer options.

If it might be helpful, I do have a bunch of pictures from rebuilding mine. When I ordered the replacement hardware kit from DeeZee, I used the bolts, nuts and washers for sizing, then went to my Fastenal store (2 miles away at the time) and bought stainless fasteners so I would not have the rust problems.

I also built a very sturdy rear support for the dually bed side boards (no longer made) as they were somewhat flimsy as originally built. The resulting front of the wheel structure is strong enough that when I grenaded an outside dual at 70 mph on the US 13 bypass around Salisbury MD, the only visible sign left of it is some black scuff marks on the large aluminum panel that is the support for the rear of the left side board.

If it might be helpful, I do have a bunch of pictures from rebuilding mine. When I ordered the replacement hardware kit from DeeZee, I used the bolts, nuts and washers for sizing, then went to my Fastenal store (2 miles away at the time) and bought stainless fasteners so I would not have the rust problems.

I also built a very sturdy rear support for the dually bed side boards (no longer made) as they were somewhat flimsy as originally built. The resulting front of the wheel structure is strong enough that when I grenaded an outside dual at 70 mph on the US 13 bypass around Salisbury MD, the only visible sign left of it is some black scuff marks on the large aluminum panel that is the support for the rear of the left side board.

Hey Bill - I'd like to see yours as well as a part number for the replacement hardware if you have it.

Here is what came off mine (front boards on both sides). Minus the almost full length z bars that have 4 bolts that attach to one of the lips under the rocker. I don't know if any of these are original (would say at least some aren't) or even if my boards are deezee. Going to start blasting on these this evening to coat them. Since the holes are already present to mate them to my truck, I'll likely use them but I'd like to see how the official deezee ones look.

IMG_20190726_181352.jpg.e7caa8aba902e82d5053aebf497e0f28.jpg

Hey Bill - I'd like to see yours as well as a part number for the replacement hardware if you have it.

Here is what came off mine (front boards on both sides). Minus the almost full length z bars that have 4 bolts that attach to one of the lips under the rocker. I don't know if any of these are original (would say at least some aren't) or even if my boards are deezee. Going to start blasting on these this evening to coat them. Since the holes are already present to mate them to my truck, I'll likely use them but I'd like to see how the official deezee ones look.

Ok, I will go through them, resize and post them. It may be Sunday before I get them done.