Bullnose Forums

Hood latch [E0TZ-16700-B] - NOS

I don't know what that fits as E0TZ 16700-B is apparently the ID/Engineering # and not the part number. I say that because that # doesn't appear in the catalog. Instead, here's what the catalog shows:

80/81 F100/350.U150 E1TZ 16700-A

82/86 F 150/350.U150 E6TZ 16700-A

Yes, it shows that the 1980/81 latch is different than the 82/86 latch.

I don't know what that fits as E0TZ 16700-B is apparently the ID/Engineering # and not the part number. I say that because that # doesn't appear in the catalog. Instead, here's what the catalog shows:

80/81 F100/350.U150 E1TZ 16700-A

82/86 F 150/350.U150 E6TZ 16700-A

Yes, it shows that the 1980/81 latch is different than the 82/86 latch.

I think the difference is the shield that prevents reaching through the grill & releasing the hood. This one doesn't have it.

I think the difference is the shield that prevents reaching through the grill & releasing the hood. This one doesn't have it.

Good to know, Steve. Do you happen to have pics of the early and late latches? When I pull Big Blue down I can compare his to Dad's and see the difference.

Do you happen to have pics of the early and late latches?
https://supermotors.net/getfile/931405/thumbnail/zz18.jpg
My 86 came with the shield, and so did my 1980 F150.
I think you're talking about the cover that bolts to the front. The later latch (like my '83's above) has an integral shield behind the release lever to prevent the ol' reacharound (unless you know how weak the shield & cover are, and have fingers strong enough to bend them out of the way).

I think you're talking about the cover that bolts to the front. The later latch (like my '83's above) has an integral shield behind the release lever to prevent the ol' reacharound (unless you know how weak the shield & cover are, and have fingers strong enough to bend them out of the way).

Thanks, Steve. Now I know what I'm looking for. Will check Dad's vs Big Blue when I get home.

You're right Steve, my 86 has the shield, and so does the hood latch from my 83 core support. I don't remember my 1980 having that shield because it was a lot easier to put the release cable on that truck.